News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Mar. 2nd
I want to say a special thank you to all families who submitted their completed registration packets and paid the registration fee. If everything is complete and paid, you are all set for next year!! Yeah!! For families who have not completed ALL registration paperwork and paid the fee, please contact Berenice to see your status for next year. As some classes are already wait-listed, it is possible to lose your spot. Can you believe that we are already in a position of wait-listing students for some of the classes next year? In the fall of 2010, our school had only 101 students. My, how we've grown!! That is what a great program, a fantastic community, and a dedicated staff can do!!
Speaking of supporting our school...Please show your support by attending the Crab Feed and Auction on March 12th at Holy Cross Parish. It is an outstanding event. How can you pass up all-you-can-eat crab, prime rib, beer, and wine, as well as an auction and dancing for only $60 per person? Thanks to Sarah McKinney for her amazing leadership on this!!
Have a wonderful week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thurs - All School Mass at 9 am
- Fri -Pay2Dress ($2 per student)
- No School for Students on March 18th (Teacher Professional Development Day)
- Noon Dismissal on Good Friday (March 25th)...No Extended Care Available
- Easter Vacation (No School) - March 28 - April 1
Our Lady of Guadalupe...on a building in Austin
The Teachers take a Break at the Conference in Austin
Father Wichert and Sister Hahn Join the Wall of Fame
Registration Fees/Timeline for 2016 - 17!!
Feb. 29: Registration Opens for New Families
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
- All accounts must be in "good standing" and paid off by June 1st to re-enroll for the 2016-17 school year.
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
- Ron Gilbert for coordinating the Jamba Juice sale. Next one is on March 17th!!
- All of our amazing parents who are working with Sarah McKinney to put together this year's Crab Feed. Your time is very much appreciated!!!!
- Florian Tamayo...for hosting a Spanish Club after school on Mondays and Wednesdays. This is for children AND parents (the parents must be present, as well).
If you are available to help with recess from 12:30 - 1 each day, it would really help our teachers!! Contact Berenice at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this. Thank you!!
Get Your Crab Feed Tickets Now!
The crab feed/auction is right around the corner and we would love to see you there! Ticket cost is $60.00 per person, which includes all-you-can-eat crab, prime rib, beer, and wine. Peruse and bid on a variety of silent auction items. Live auction will begin after the dessert dash, along with music and dancing at the end of the night. This is a great opportunity to meet other school families, alumni, and support Holy Rosary School. Feel free to invite friends and family to join the fun. Tables can be purchased for up to eight guests. This is the school's second largest fundraiser, so the more the merrier. Tickets can be purchased online at hrrsjda.org. There is a link for tickets right on the home page.
Volunteers Needed for the Crab Feed/Auction!
Thank you to all of the volunteers that have already responded about helping at the event. We are looking for help with set-up, decorations, silent auction tables, food service and check-in/check-out. I have sent out a revised volunteer schedule in this weeks communication envelope. We can now start moving items on Friday evening, March 11th. Yeah!! The plan will be to meet at the school at 6:00 pm to load vehicles and head to Holy Cross after 7:00 pm. This is a great event to get a bulk of your volunteer hours complete for the year.
Auction Procurement Info!
We are no longer accepting procurement items for the silent auction. At this point, if you have not turned in an item valued at $100 or more, you will receive a bill for $150 on your monthly statement.
Auction related questions? Contact Sarah McKinney at email@example.com.
Here is a great article on how to support your child's learning at home:
Questions or Comments? Contact Dr. Yaden at Byaden@plu.edu