for the Week of February 22nd
Important Reminders for the Week
22-26 Feb 2016--Spring Book Fair in HMS Library
22-23 Feb 2016 --YWCA Presentations in 8th Grade Science (1st-7th Morton, 5th-7th Hyde)
22 Feb 2016--Last day to turn in Coupon Book Sales for Prizes
22 Feb 2016--HMS Softball @ Calera
23 Feb 2016--Panther Press Redemption Opportunity in Gym Lobby before school
23 Feb 2016--DOK Training Part I in Conference Room during Planning Periods
23 Feb 2016--Timecard Approval by 3 PM
23 Feb 2016--HMS Tennis vs McAdory at Bud Newell Tennis Courts
23 Feb 2016--HMS Baseball @ Calera
23 Feb 2016--HMS Softball vs Rudd @ Pinson Elementary
24 Feb 2016--Scoliosis Screenings in PE
24 Feb 2016--HMS Softball vs Riverchase @ Pelham HS
25 Feb 2016--HMS Baseball vs John Carroll @ Bud Newell
26 Feb 2016--HMS Green and Gold Day
26 Feb 2016--Coupon Book Assembly beginning between 2 and 2:15 PM.
26 Feb 2016--Parent Contact Logs due by 3 PM via Email to assigned administrators
Messages from the Principal
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents and each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Wall containers for Units of Study have been posted in every classroom. All teachers are required to post their Unit(s) of Study for review. Notes that we leave when we visit your classroom will be included in your evidence file for all teachers (whether on the evaluation cycle or not). Make sure you read these notes as we will be looking for adjustments to your instruction.
- We began the new advisory schedule the week of January 18th. For the week of February 22nd, academic teachers should collaborate with grade level advisement teachers to pull students as needed for RTI.
- Speaking of RTI, you as the classroom teacher have the final say as to what counts as a classroom assessment. Vocabulary quizzes do not have to be entered in the assessment category. It is your choice as the classroom teacher. Additionally, we should begin making more use of CompassLearning as our RTI tool. Remediation activities and assessments can be assigned through CompassLearning and students given a deadline as to when they need to have the work completed. The students would still have access to you as the teacher for questions. This is something all core teachers need to start using as the semester goes forward. By using more CompassLearning, we can start transitioning from using so much of our planning periods for RTI.
- The list of students who turned in Grade Recovery Contracts were emailed to teachers last Tuesday. Many students and their parents chose not to take advantage of the opportunity. Please ensure that all assignments are up to date in CompassLearning by Friday February 26.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Make sure you are updating your PLPs with evidence as you go. We do not want to get behind and wait until the last minute.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:25 or 7:30 AM. When on duty, you should be supervising students, not on your phone or grading papers.