Beattie 2nd Grade Newsletter
What Your Child Is Learning:
* Long e
* Long u
* Unit assessment- review previous spelling patterns
* characters, setting, and events in a story
* author's purpose
* main idea and key details in a story
* descriptive writing
* verbs: present tense, past tense, and future tense verbs
* the verb have: have, had, has
* punctuation and commas in a friendly letter
* place value
* basic addition and subtraction math facts up to 20- Please practice with students at home. http://wp.lps.org/math/
* double digit addition and subtraction
* science- matter (now completed)
* social studies- we the workers
* health- healthy bodies (growth and development)
December 5th: Family Movie Night at Beattie (6:30-8:30 pm)
December 9th: Skate Night (6:00-8:00 pm)
December 11th: Band and Strings Assembly (8:30 am)
December 11th: Band and Strings Concert (7:00 pm)
December 16th: PLC Day- Student Dismissal at 1:33
December 17th and 18th: Unit 3 Reading Test
December 19th: End of 2nd Quarter
December 22nd - January 4th Winter Break No school!
Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season
A Note From The Teachers
This quarter second grade has started timed math fact tests in the classroom. Below is the link to the LPS math curriculum page. On the right side of the page there are links students can use to help them practice facts at home. We recommend Math Fact Cafe, a web site that creates math practice sheets for at home use.
Students voted to earn technology time after the class received 200 Beattie Bucks.
They had a great time sharing their tech tools!
Board games were also a big hit!
One student even shared his remote controlled car.
Building a fort with Lincoln Logs
Some of the girls enjoying a board game