Welcome Back FMS Families
Franklin Middle School
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School year
The 2022-2023 school year for students will officially begin on Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
Please join us on August 31st, between 2:00 and 4:00 PM for Locker Move-in Night.
Daily student arrival time is 7:50-8:10 AM.
It is imperative that your child be punctual to first period as their daily attendance will be taken at this time. Please be sure your child brings his or her schedule and locker information with them to school on the first day of classes in order to provide your child with a stress free start to their day. This information will be available Friday August 19 on Infinite Campus or will be given out at Locker Move-In Day on Wednesday, August 31st.
If you cannot attend Locker Move-In Day, schedules and locker assignments will be available for pick-up in the office on the first day of school. If you have any questions regarding your child’s schedule, please feel free to contact your child's grade level counselor.
Mrs. Backlund - Grade 5
Mrs. Zimmer - Grade 6
Mr. Gourlay - Grade 7
On behalf of myself and the Franklin Middle School staff we want to welcome you to the Franklin Middle family and we look forward to an exciting and successful school year where our Falcons will REACH new heights!
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you soon!!
- Immunizations are required for all new students in grades 6 and 7.
- Physicals are required for grade 5 and grade 7 students along with any new students. Medications can be dropped off prior to school but please make an appointment with our nurse at (716) 874-8404 or feel free to drop it off during locker move-in on August 31st from 2-4.
- The Health Office Card will be mailed home, please return to the nurse prior to September 9.
Schedules will be available on August 19 2022 at 3pm. If you have forgotten how to access the parent portal or simply forgot your password, please email ICportal@ktufsd.org, or contact our service desk at 716-874-8400 ext. 20623 for assistance.
If you have moved into a new home within the district, or if you are planning to move, please be sure to update your new address with the school district by calling 716-871-2090 or clicking on the link above.
Wednesday, Aug. 31st, 2-4pm
540 Parkhurst Boulevard
Please join us on August 31st, between 2:00 and 4:00 PM for Locker Move-in Night. We ask that if your last name is:
- between A-M you come between 2:00-3:00
- between N-Z you come between 3:00-4:00
Please enter at Door 2.
Students will have the opportunity to drop their supplies off in their lockers, receive their schedules and practice opening their new lockers.
For early access of your child's schedule, locker assignment and to check grades throughout the school year, we encourage families to log in to Infinite Campus or create an account.
Student arrival time is 7:50-8:10 AM. If your child is transported by bus, you will receive notification in the mail at least one week before school begins. Please click on the link below for the phone number to transportation to get all of your bussing questions answered.
All students are to report to 1st period class upon arrival unless they are having breakfast.
We ask that students enter the building in the following manner:
- Students who eat a school breakfast and ALL Grade 7 students enter through Door 1
- Students in Grades 5 and 6 who do not eat a school breakfast enter through Door 3
Staff will be on hand for opening days to assist students upon entering the building.
No student should arrive prior to 7:50 AM, as supervision is not provided until that time, and the doors will not be open. Students are expected to be in their first period classroom when the bell rings at 8:10 AM.
Your child’s transportation schedule will be mailed home on August 26 and available on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Please call at (716)874-8611 for any questions regarding transportation if you do not receive it prior to September 1st.
Student dismissal time is 2:51 PM daily. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize the built in remediation time during the school day to seek academic support or any remediation that they may need. Students can also take advantage of our after-school remedial period (2:51-3:15) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Parents who are picking up/dropping off their children are encouraged to obey all traffic laws and use the Parkhurst Blvd. entrance to the school.
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUS LOOP OR THE FACULTY PARKING LOT WITH YOUR VEHICLE.
- Students can be picked up/dropped off on the sidewalk at either end of the driveway.
- Students should follow the sidewalks to the school doors.
- As always, students should never walk between buses or cross Parkhurst against the flow of traffic. Crossing guard locations will soon be posted on the district website.
- Any student riding a bicycle to school must lock it on the rack on the side of the school, not on the Elementary side.
- NO STUDENTS ARE TO BE DROPPED OFF BY DOOR #6, OR ANYWHERE IN THE FACULTY PARKING LOT.
Parental cooperation is essential in maintaining student safety.
5th Grade Chromebook Distribution
Every student will receive a Franklin Middle School daily agenda. Please check it with your child on a regular basis. It will include homework assignments and other important information.
We encourage all students and staff to join in our school spirit days each week in order to build community spirit!
Mondays = Wear RED or Franklin Gear Day - show your Falcon spirit!
Thursdays = Kindness Day (wear kindness theme shirts, buttons, be extra kind to others)
Fridays = Buffalo/Sports Day! (favorite buffalo or team gear)
We are the Falcons, where we REACH new heights everyday!
Please take the opportunity to support the PTA, either as a volunteer or supporter of its programs. First meeting of the year is September 21 at 6:00 PM.
What's Franklin Been Up to:
September 1 - 5th Grade Orientation (Students Only) 8:00 AM -10:00 AM
September 6 - 1st Student Attendance 8:10 AM -2:51 PM Doors open at 7:50 AM
September 15 - Open House 5:00-6:30 PM
September 28 - Early Release - 12:00 PM