Rolly Polly Lab
By: Mikaela Stokes & McKenzie Ivins
The manipulated variable in this lab is...
Covered or not.
For the control, both would be dry and open to light.
Number of Pill bugs
Time: 30 seconds for 5 minutes
Exposure to light
2 Wet paper towels
25 Pill bugs
5 Petri Dishes
2 Sheets of Construction Paper
Procedure for Manipulated Variable:
2. Cover 2 of the outside petri dishes and places a wet paper towel in one covered petri dish and one non covered.
3. Place bugs inside the middle petri dish.
4. Record location of pill bugs every 30 seconds for 5 minutes.
5. Analyze data and come to a conclusion.
Procedure for Control:
2. Place bugs inside the middle petri dish.
3. Record location of pill bugs every 30 seconds for 5 minutes.
4. Analyze data and come to a conclusion.
5.94 < 9.488Due to the chi test, we have failed to reject the nulls hypothesis.