- Domain: Eukarya Single celled or Multicellular Cells have at least one nucleus
- Kingdom: Animalia This Addax is Heterotrophic and rely's on other living organism for life. They do not have cell walls and, they reproduce sexually.
- Phylum: Chordata Segmented muscles/ joints. Ability to digest and break down foods. cartalidge or bone is present somewhere in the body.
- Sub-phylum: Vertebrata movement depends on Endoskeloton. Digestive system with liver and pancreas. Vertebratal chain of bony elements.
- Class: Mammalia Three ear bones to protect from predators and to hear prey and defend cubs. Hair to protect from extreme weather conditions. Produce milk from memory glands.
- Order: Artiodactyla Large carnivoral food source. Most Diverse group. Breeding once a year.
- Family: Bovidae Grassland species. human domestication. young hide and follow at all times.
- Genus/Species: Addax nasomaculatus
Horns protect from predators due to slow running.
They live in desert areas due to light fur coding and live near area with less water due to moisture in grass and vegitation food
natural range of addax
- Length 72 cm in length in average height for Addax male and female
- Height usually they are 150 170 cm as an adult for male and female
- Weight They weigh 60 to 125 kg 60 as a kid 125 as an adult
- Color White in color during the summer and grayish brown during summer
- Natural Range They live in Western Sahara desert they live in stony desert areas
- Food They eat grass and other vegetation foods.
- Predators All carnivores and humans
Altan, B. 2000. "Addax nasomaculatus" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed March 11, 2015 at http://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Addax_nasomaculatus/
Burton, M., & Burton, R. (2002). Addax. In International wildlife encyclopedia (3rd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 24-25). New York, NY: Marshall Cavendish.
4800 West Gates Pass Road
PH: (520) 620-1220