A Weekly Newsletter for Warrior Families and Students
March 1, 2019
It was another exciting week at MHS. We actually made it a full week in February without an inclement weather day and now we just need the impending polar vortex to steer clear next week! In spite of the cold weather, our Warriors continued to shine this week and countless students demonstrated exactly what it means to be a Warrior. To see more about what I mean, please consider following us on twitter @mhsirvine to see some of the amazing things our students do. Additionally, if you know of a Warrior doing great things, please share the story with us so we can help to celebrate the accomplishment.
Parent Teacher Conferences
March 7, 2019
3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Conferences will be held in the teacher's classroom.
March 14 - School Day
March 15 - No School
Check out the full calendar!
Academic and Career Planning (ACP)
Our next ACP activity is set for Tuesday, March 5th. All students will meet in small groups with their ACP advisor to complete an activity designed to help students connect their interests and skills to a pathway towards a career they can be excited about. Our daily schedule is adjusted on this date to create the time needed to engage in this important learning opportunity. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our ACP process, please contact your student's School Counselor.
MHS Spring Band Concert
Performing Art Center
MNSD's Third Annual Run/Walk for Education
The event will be raising money for our STEAM programming at the high school. You can also be a sponsor or provide materials for the goodie bags on the day of the race.
Wisconsin Education Fair - FREE!
March 12, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Waukesha North High School
Parents and Guardians of Juniors were emailed the permission form and registration information.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 6.
MHS National Business Honor Society Supports the Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Initiative (MHVI)
- Congratulations to the entire Footloose Musical team for outstanding performances last week.
- Good Luck to the Boys Basketball team as they compete in the WIAA Regional Tournament!
- Good luck to our Girls Gymnastics team competing at the WIAA State Championship today!
- Good luck to our Cheerleading team competing at the State Championships today and tomorrow.!
- Franklin/Muskego/Oak Creek/Whitnall Co-Op gymnastics is heading to state for the 12th time in hopes of taking home their 8th WIAA Team State Title this weekend!
- Congrats to the ENITRE MHS Forensics team for earning a 3rd Place Team Trophy at the UW-Whitewater Speechbowl this past Saturday! Also congrats to all of our individual winners! 2nd Place: Ellie Shelton, 3rd Place: Humza Siddiqi, Finalist Medal: Rebecca Hebert
Good luck at the Sub-district Tournament on Friday and at the Whitnall tournament on Saturday.
- As a result of their outstanding showing last weekend in Madison, Jack Maher and Jasmine Narine have been selected to represent CSEF at the ISEF in Phoenix, Arizona, May 12-17, 2019. Congratulations and good luck with your outstanding research.
Congratulations to Alexis Gettelman our 2019 MHS sophomore representative for the #HOBY Leadership Conference! Alexis will attend the statewide conference at Edgewood College this summer!
Congratulations to Anoushka Prasad, who has been selected to attend the 2019 Wisconsin Leadership Seminar! Anoushka will represent MHS at the statewide conference at Carroll this summer!
Congrats Football Team!
The football team received their rings this week for their state championship title!