KES Family Newsletter
5th Grade Fire Prevention Poster Contest
Veterans Day: Hats on Fridays
In honor of Veterans Day, the KES Student Council would like to announce that students and staff may wear hats on Fridays during the month of November for 50 cents to raise money to support Mission 22. Student Council members will collect money every Friday morning during November. Students, staff and parents may donate more than 50 cents if they would like. This event is scheduled for November 3rd, 10th, and 17th. Mission 22 is dedicated to healing America's veterans when they need it most, right now! They offer treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury and all of the issues veterans are facing today. More information can be found at www.mission22.com/home.
Breakfast with Santa
This year our KYAP will be hosting their annual Breakfast with Santa event on Sunday December 10th in the Elementary cafeteria. This event is scheduled to take place from 11am-1pm. Please put this exciting event on your calendars and stay tuned for further details!
Since each of our students at KES has their own Chromebook device, we encourage every family to supply their student with the type of headphones that they would like. Students can leave these at school and keep them safe in their desk or locker. As a courtesy to our families, we do have a supply of earbuds that we can give out to students. Here is our policy regarding school-provided earbuds:
- The first two sets of earbuds provided are free.
- Any set after that must be purchased by sending $2 to the front office.
As the weather gets colder, we are beginning to think about our students' holiday needs. If you and your family could use some assistance this year, please reach out to one of the below contacts. Your information will remain confidential. If you and your family are in a position to donate and would like to help a local Kingston family, please reach out as well.
Raeann Gentner (Elementary) 989-683-2284 ext. 34215 or email@example.com
Beth Hunter (Jr./Sr. High) 989-683-2294 ext. 34305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch Money Policy
Thank you for your cooperation with our new lunch money policy at KES! It has been a great addition to have all the money put into the labeled envelopes to be dropped in the drop box located outside the main office.
A few other policies to note regarding lunch money:
- A student's first serving is always free, but they are required to purchase their second serving.
- A student with a cold lunch can purchase extra milk. Milk is only free as part of a reimbursable meal.
- If a student gets a second serving or a milk that puts their account in the negative, a letter will be generated and sent home to the family to notify them for needed payment. The letter will automatically have the youngest student's name at the top, even if that is not the student who made the lunch charges. Once payment is made, all students in that family will have access to the funds.
- We will not be allowing students to charge for these additional items unless outstanding charges are addressed with a lunch money deposit by the family. Please reach out to Mr. Campbell if you have any questions regarding these policies.
Making Changes to TransportationWe have been hard at work updating our transportation information for each student to ensure that we are getting everyone home safely each night. If you have not contacted the office to update this year's transportation information for your student, please contact Mrs. Nicol as soon as possible. Reminder: Any daily transportation changes need to be reported to Mrs. Nicol in the office before 1:30 pm!
Morning Drop-off Expectations
- There are no adults in the cafeteria to let students in until 7:30AM. Please refrain from dropping students off before this time. Any vehicles here prior to 7:30AM can wait on the curb with students in vehicles.
- If you pull up to the entrance and are the only vehicle on the curb, please pull 1-2 car-lengths past the entrance. This allows several more vehicles to pull up behind you and drop off their students at the same time as you to keep our drop-off line moving.
- If you pull up behind another vehicle, leave room for your vehicle to pull out of line before the vehicle in front of you moves. If your student gets out quickly, you will be able to exit the drop-off line as soon as it is safe to do so.
- We know that some students need a few extra moments to collect their things or get one more hug or word of encouragement before they are ready to exit the vehicle each morning. If you know your student needs these things, we ask that you park in our south lot and walk your student to the cafeteria entrance when they are ready.
Afternoon Pick-up Expectations
- No vehicles may pull up to the curb for pick-up. Please park in the south lot and walk to the correct door.
- Students with last names A-M can be picked up at the doors closest to the kitchen (red canopy doors). Students with last name O-Z can be picked up at the doors closest to the stage.
- Please pick up students promptly. Parents can begin arriving to pick students up at 2:50PM, and we would like all students picked up from the cafeteria before we release our buses at 3:05PM.
Thank you for helping make our morning and afternoon transportation systems as efficient and safe as possible for all our KES families!
-11.3.23: Popcorn Friday
-11.3.23: Donate/Wear Hats for Veterans
-11.8.23: CARDS Assembly (K-2 @ 1:30 and 3-6 @ 2:00)
-11.10.23: Donate/Wear Hats for Veterans
-11.15.23: No School (Opening Day)
-11.17.23: Donate/Wear Hats for Veterans
-11.22.23: 12:10 Dismissal (Thanksgiving Break Begins)
-11.23.23 & 11.24.23: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
-12.1.23: Popcorn Friday
-12.6.23: CARDS Assembly (K-2 @ 1:30 and 3-6 @ 2:00)
-12.10.23: Breakfast with Santa in Elem Cafeteria
-12.14.23: KES Christmas Program (Elem Cafeteria @ 1pm and 6pm)
-12.22.23: 12:10 Dismissal (Christmas Break Begins: End of MP2)
-1.3.24: School Resumes (Begin MP3)
-1.15.24: No School (MLK Day)
-1.26.24: Popcorn Friday
-2.16.24: 12:10 Dismissal
-2.19.24: No School (Presidents' Day)
-2.23.24: Popcorn Friday
-3.8.24: No School (County-Wide PD)
-3.15.24: End MP3
-3.22.24: 12:10 Dismissal (Begin Spring Break)
-4.2.24: School Resumes
-4.19.24: Popcorn Friday
-5.17.24: Popcorn Friday
-5.31.24: 12:10 Dismissal (Last Day)