GHS Weekly Update
February 8th - February 12th
Hi Team Grissom,
I'd like to begin this week's update with a quote by Stephen M.R. Covey
"Without trust we don't truly collaborate; we merely coordinate or, at best, cooperate. It is trust that transforms a group of people into a team."
I know that recent events have been stressful for all of us. However, I want you to all know that I have received an overwhelming number of emails, text messages and phone calls in support of you and Grissom High School. I want to thank you for your passion and dedication to our students.
I want to thank you for meeting with me during your planning period this past week to review our first semester data. I appreciate you sacrificing your planning time so that we could meet in a smaller setting.
Mrs. Grubbs has emailed each teacher their Teacher Survey Results. Please take a few moments to review your results and reflect upon the following questions:
- What surprised you the most?
- How did your results compare with the totals for your content area?
- How did your results compare with the totals for GHS?
- What changes in practices are you going to commit to improve upon for the rest of the year?
- What support do you need from your team, or from the administrative team?
- Observe another teacher in your grade level by February 17th. You will bring your observation form to the faculty meeting. The observation form has been posted to Edmodo.
- Hall Passes:
- Do not release students without your GHS Hall Pass
- Do not release students the first 10 minutes or the last 10 minutes of class
- Please continue to be visible in your hallway/pod. Visibility in the hall is crucial and must be consistent every period, every day. I will be posting the Hall Duty Schedule throughout the building.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8th:
- Homeroom teachers will pass out Progress Reports
- See Mrs. Parker during your planning period for a WorkKeys Testing Update
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9th:
- WorkKeys Testing
- We will go to Homeroom FIRST (8:00 - 8:06)
- When the bell rings at 8:06, release students to first period. Students who are
testing will report to their designated testing room.
- We will remain in 1st period until testing is over.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10th:
- AP teacher meeting after school in the library
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11th:
- Approve your Kronos timecard
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12th:
- Weather day - No School
Have a wonderful, and much-needed 4-day weekend!