RMS Weekly Event Calendar
August 21 - 25
What's going on this week?
I also want to thank you for the great job you did with our Back-to-School Parent Night last Monday night. We had a fabulous turn-out and I received a lot of positive feedback on how impressed parents were with our teachers and what they had planned for the students this school year. Parents can be a great asset to our school and I encourage you to involve them as much as possible.
As you can see from the calendar below, we have a lot going on at RMS this week! In addition to the eclipse, Scantron testing, and a yearbook party, we begin the RMS football season with a game against Hartselle. I hope you will make plans to attend these events that our students participate in and support their efforts. It makes our students so very proud to see their teachers in the stands rooting for them!
Let's have a great week at RMS!
Mrs. Phillips was doing an excellent job explaining to parents what would take place in her class this year!
Coach Smith was attempting to convince the parents that he was old enough to be a teacher or at least that is what he told me he was doing! :-)
Mr. Clements was helping parents understand about the process of getting band instruments for their students.
Mrs. Sewell was introducing herself to the parents and describing the expectations she had for their children this school year.
Mrs. Benford was explaining to the parents what their children will need in her classroom to help them be successful.
Our RMS Ambassadors did a great job in helping parents find their classes and provided lots of smiles for our visitors. Thank you, Mrs. Maddox, for your help in organizing their roles for this event.
Monday, August 21
- Instructional Meeting (Scantron) - Math, ELA & 7th Grade Science - Room 125 - Please plan to come during your instructional periods.
- Solar Eclipse Event - 7th Period - Please make sure to review the schedule and go over safety precaution every class period.
Tuesday, August 22
- Instructional Meeting - Math Department - Please plan to come during your instructional period.
- Scantron Testing - Bradley (Mobile Lab), Keeton (Library Lab), P. Smith (Library Lab)
- Meet the Tigers - RMS Gym - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 23
- Carter Ledgewood with American Fidelity - If you did not go to the Benefits Fair, you will need to see Carter Ledgewood to sign your cafeteria plan election form. This is something every employee has to do regardless of whether you want to make changes to your plan.
- Scantron Testing - Maddox (Mobile Lab), (Howard (Library Lab)
- Yearbook Party - Students purchased a yearbook last year may attend the yearbook party by brining $1.00. If they don't bring a dollar or choose not to participate, they will receive their yearbook on Thursday.
Thursday, August 24
- Scantron Testing - Sewell (Mobile Lab), Phillips (Mobile Lab), Pruitt (Library Lab)
- RMS Football Jamboree @ Hartselle - 7th grade will play at 5:00 p.m. - 8th grade will play at 6:15 p.m.
- Board Meeting - RCS Board Room - 3:30 p.m.
Friday, August 25
- Scranton Testing - Guynn (Mobile Lab), Berryman (Library Lab)
- RHS Football vs. Athens - Away - 7:00 p.m.