Foundation 1 News
Friday 7th February
Time for Tea
- This week we learnt 'I'm a little teapot' and 'Polly put the kettle on'
- Having fun getting ready for our parental tea party . We baked biscuits and learnt about the importance of following instructions and we learnt to sing our new Nursery Rhymes.
- Having our lovely tea party with parents. Thank you all for coming!
- Making repeating patterns on teapots
- Learning about rectangles
- Having fun with the flubber and exploring how far we can make it stretch
- Starting to learn about capacity
- We will be learning 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' and 'Mary had a little lamb'
- Continuing to explore mark making activities and thinking about creating stories together
- Continuing to think about pattern and shape
- Making Valentines hearts
- Next week is E-Safety Week and Rubies will be learning about how to send an email
- There will be a parental workshop for parents on E-Safety on Tuesday 11th February from 08.50-10.00 in the Studio led by Mr McNeil. All are welcome.
- Reminder about Book Week and some of the activities you can encourage your child to take part in. There will be a box in the F1 corridor for the book bus exchange. Please ensure you have put a post it note with your child's name on the book, so we can ensure that children choose a new book in exchange.
You can help us by.......
- Please ensure your child has 2 changes of spare clothes kept in school, including underwear, socks, tights, t shirts, trousers and tops. A number of children are also missing a separate rain coat . It would really help your child to access all areas of learning if they have protective wet weather clothing. Thank you.
- Next Friday we will break up for the half term holiday at the normal time of 3pm.
Here are some activities for Book Week (3 – 7 March)
Book bus stop all children can bring in a book that they no longer want to swap for one they do! Tokens will be given to children who bring in unwanted books that, in turn can be ‘spent’ to take a new book home. A faux bus stop will be set up in the atrium (large cardboard bus on moveable display boards) with a bench and a basket of books for children to read during the course of the week so that children can stop, and read a book at the bus stop! Time will be allocated for children to ‘spend’ their token and take home a new book. All books ready to swap must be in by Friday 28th February
Shelfies Children to take photos of their bookshelves at home and bring them in for a display (in Media Centre). Children could write a line or two underneath to explain how they organise their shelves. To be displayed on a board in the Media Centre. All photos must be in by Friday 28th February for display
Read a book in an unusual place Children photograph themselves (or ask their parents to photograph them) in an unusual place reading a book (in the bath, upside down etc). Bring photos in for a display. Photos in by Friday 14th February for display
Parade On Friday 7th March, children dress up in a character/something related to a book about journeys. Parade around (inside) school with parents standing at the sides (like International day)