Druid Hills High School
Week at a Glance - November 11
Jeans Week 11/17-20!!
In preparation for the closing of schools during the Thanksgiving Holidays, please follow the safety and security procedures outlined below:
- Lock all windows and doors are locked and close blinds
- Remove valuables from classroom
- Place all laptops and other computers in the vault or other locked and secure locations within the building
- Make sure your department chair has your contact information, in case the school phone tree needs to be initiated during the holidays
Building hours on Monday and Tuesday will be from 8am-2pm.
The Winter EOC administration is on the other side of the Holiday! Our 2015 CCRPI information should be coming soon, and I hope to share it during our December Faculty Meeting.
I came across some new resources on the GADOE GA Milestone page, including:
My Conference Time
Parents can now schedule a conference online via MyConferenceTime. Here are the instructions for viewing your conference schedule. Note: I have added directions regarding manually adding and canceling conferences, so that you can block out times of parents you have scheduled via email or phone to avoid double-booking.
Roster Verification & SchoolNet tasks - Due this week!
- SchoolNet that houses your professional learning will be transferred to a new program later this year. You have 1-2 activities from this year and maybe more activities that you need to complete the forms to get credit for these. Also see the strong suggestion: Have ALL employees take a PD Transcript out of SchoolNet by 11/30/15 which will be a PDF if they print and I recommend that they save a copy. Those certificated personnel might need to have that available as verification of Professional Learning for recertification after 2017. Rules change starting that June.
- TKES Roster Verification: It is time for our first Roster Verification. The window opened yesterday and will close November 27, 2015. Teachers are to verify the roster that was submitted for the October 6th FTE count in Infinite Campus. Teachers will verify their rosters and send any discrepancies to Dr. Jackson. Dr. Jackson will then make the necessary changes in Infinite Campus. The teacher is expected to sign off on the Roster Verification in the TLE Electronic Platform. There will be no visible rosters in the Electronic Platform, only in Infinite Campus. Here are the Instructions to help with signing off on the Roster Verification process.
Basketball Spirit Night at Zaxby's
11/17-20 & 11/30-12/3 Critical Weeks
Monday, November 16
Progress Reports Distributed during 1st period
Basketball Spirit Night @ Zaxby's 5-8pm
Tuesday, November 17
5th Period & Study Hall
Basketball @ Duluth 6:00pm (Palmer)
Swim DHHS/ Tucker @ Lakeside 7:30 (Jackson)
Wednesday, November 18
School Council Meeting 8:30am
Peer Mentoring Meeting during B Lunch (Theatre)
Department Meetings 3:30pm
JV Bball @ Clarkston 5:00pm
V/JV Wrestling vs Central Gwinnett/Centennial @ Centennial 5:00pm (Cunningham)
Thursday, November 19
Global Sanitation Day Presentation Uhry Theatre 10:00am (Selected classes)
Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-6pm
XC Team Banquet Cafeteria 6:30pm
Senior Movie Night Uhry Theatre 5:00pm
Friday, November 20
Intruder Drill 2:30pm
Boys Bball @ Decatur Classic (Alexander)
V/JV Wrestling vs Osborn/New Manchester HS @ New Manchester HS 5:00pm
Saturday, November 21
Basketball (Girls') @ Wesleyan Classic 11/24 (Cunningham)
V Wrestling vs Jerun Tillery Duals @ Redan HS 10am
Monday, November 23
Wrestling v Columbia/Towers 10am (Cunningham)
11/23-27 Thanksgiving Holidays
AM Duty/PM Bus Duty
Science Bldg: A. Moore
Bus Duty: Adams
Bus Duty: Jeffrey
A Lunch: Nicholson
B Lunch: Darden
C Lunch: Patel
D Lunch: Palmer
1st: K. Jones