My Favorite Food
By: Grace Blankenship
- You will need 1 box of family macaroni, or just one regular if you want your own personal treat
- Strips of bacon. (optional) (how much bacon you want)
- Chicken (optional) I prefer regular canned, but you can use grilled or even fried if you're into that
- Sour cream
- Cheese (any kind you prefer) I use cheddar for the color and taste.
- Cream cheese (optional) I don't use this but it just gives it creaminess
- Goldish/ bread crumbs (optional)
- Two medium/large pots. Casserole dish. Baking sheet or skillet (for bacon)
Now that you have the ingredients you need, it's time to start making!
Preheat oven to 350F. Go ahead and fix your bacon up (I use the oven) and boil some water on high on the stove. When the water boils add your pasta and turn it down to medium and grab another pot. Open the packet of cheese and put it into the pot with some milk. (I don't measure, It just depends on the thickness of sauce you want. Turn the heat to low/medium and add two to three spoonfuls of sour cream. When everything is combined add the amount of cheese you want. (I use a small handful) When the sauce is combined add your bacon and chicken if you want, or leave it out if you don't want any. Drain the pasta and add them to the pot of sauce. Mix it together and pour into a casserole dish. Then sprinkle the top with some more cheese and the the gold fish or bread crumbs if you want it. Bake it for 5-10 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese bubbles. Now it's ready to serve! Sit down and enjoy a delicious meal with a good movie and a blanket and enjoy the rest of your day!