Second Grade Rock Stars
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
- Thank you to those that were able to stop by Open House this week! Students mentioned that they were most excited to show off their life cycle of a sunflower books that they had worked long and hard on and to show you our live ladybugs. It was fabulous to see you all! The students are looking forward to continuing to add to our memory books as the year progresses (Thank you to Jamie Hernandez with making that possible! She is simply amazing!).
- On Thursday we traveled to the Seattle Aquarium for a Virtual Field trip. It was amazing! We listened as the scientist and divers spoke of their job, about salmon and how they change over the seasons, and even had the opportunity to submit questions to get answered. It was a great kick-off to learning about the life cycle of a salmon!
- We are about to begin our persuasive unit, so get ready for some interesting persuasive letters from your little kiddos. Hopefully, they are very convincing! We will be working on that the next two weeks and continue to progress through the full writing process.
The Virtual Field Trip to the Seattle Aquarium
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Determining whether information is relevant or not
Writing: Persuasive Writing
Grammar: Editing and adverbs
Conventions: Capitalizations within Quotation Marks (dialogue)
Science: Life Cycles (of a fish)
Life Trait: Habit #7: Sharpen the Saw: Balance is Best! (I take care of my body by eating right and getting sleep. I learn in lots of ways and places, not just in school. I find meaningful ways to help others.)
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
- 05/26- No School
- 05/27- NWEA Testing
- 06/02- WAVE Meeting/Meet and Greet with Mr. Eick
- 06/04- Italian Challenge of Pasta Perfection at 6pm on PW Campus
- 06/06- One-on-One Assessments
- 06/09- WAVE Meeting at 6:30pm on Del Paso
- 06/10- Second Grade Spring Sing! (performances at 9:00am and 4:00pm)
- 06/12- WCS Board Meeting/Brown Act Training at 6:30pm
- 06/18- Field Day (Potluck in Mrs. Martin's room after for students and parents!)
- 06/18- Last Day of School
Science with Science Josh Video (Click Below)
Second Grade Spring Sing
Tuesday, June 10th, 9-10am
3800 Del Paso Rd
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Have you taken the WCS Parent Survey yet?
Please consider taking a few moments to complete our Spring WCS Parent-School Partnership Survey. This survey will assist us in reflecting upon our practices and will help us to plan school goals for next year. Your feedback is very valuable to us! Please complete one survey per family.
You can find the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/westlakecharter2014
Are you on remind 101 yet?
It's easy and it keeps your information (and mine) private!
Simply text: @194cc
to the phone number: (925) 203-1369