Instructional Tech Facilitator
Paul Gouveia - FVHS Center For International Studies
What is an Instructional Technology Facilitator (ITF)?
ITFs are responsible for the integration of technology into the school and classroom culture. Part of an ITF's job includes making sure that the distribution, maintenance and inventory procedures of our 1:1 iPad program run as smoothly as possible. An even more important part of an ITF's job is to help teachers, staff and students develop proficiency in all levels of tech integration.
We use the SAMR model to help define levels of technical integration. We help teachers integrate technology at every level. From simply substituting a common educational practice using a technical tool, to redefining education using a variety of tech tools that change how learning is facilitated and experienced.
The ultimate goal is helping to deliver learning in a way that is relevant, authentic and truly engages ALL students. Instructional technology can assist in delivering learning that prepares students for life with important skills like critical thinking, creativity, the ability to effectively collaborate , communicate and adapt in a quickly changing society.
Understanding that technology integration happens in many ways, at many levels and at various rates, the ITF's job is to cater to teachers' and students' needs in order to move closer to the goals mentioned above.
With this in mind, I've included a 'Menu" of options available to teachers and to students that will assist in moving our school forward technologically and educationally - so that we can help students to become "...globally aware and engaged citizens, who are college-, career- and life-ready."
Paul's ITF Schedule
My regular schedule at Fort Vancouver HS will be:
- Monday through Friday from 7:00 - 3:30.
- I may occasionally have meetings and duties outside of the building.
- I may need to attend district level meetings on Friday afternoons and some Tuesday mornings.
- I may also work in the evenings to provide services to staff and parents.
* If necessary, I can arrange to meet with staff before 7:00 am and/or after 3:30 pm
What Can I Do For Teachers and Staff? - A Menu of Options
- Help with the initial set up of staff Canvas courses
- Help with ongoing development of staff Canvas Courses
- Help to locate available Canvas resources for teacher content areas
- Show staff how to use the various functions within Canvas
- Troubleshoot Canvas Issues
- Help with Canvas Tips and Tricks
- Collaborate in the planning of a lesson, unit or project
- Provide classroom Support or Co-Teach using technology - I can be the lead facilitator, your co-facilitator or simply be your Tech back-up person in the classroom.
- Tech Observation - Come in and observe your classroom through the eyes of a Tech Integrator. Then we can work together on an Individualized Tech Integration plan.
- Get you connected with educators working in your field of study, who are doing cool things using iPads or other available technologies
- Guide and assist you in the use of Google Apps for Education - Chrome, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google+, Hangouts, or anything Google related
- Assist with the creation of assessments using Online or iPad App Assessment Tools
- Find tech solutions and/or resources that fit particular needs in your classroom
- Troubleshoot staff iPad and Tech issues
- Provide instruction on how to use specific iPad Apps (to both staff and students)
360-313-4000 ext. 4158
Google Plus - email@example.com
GAFE - firstname.lastname@example.org