Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 4/6/2018
Family Notices for the Week:
- Congratulations to Madison's Culinary Team, which took first place in the California ProStart State Championship; the team moves on to the national competition in Rhode Island, April 27-29. Go Warhawks!
- Cal-SCHLS Parent Survey - Every parent is asked to complete the Cal-SCHLS Parent Survey before Wednesday, May 16. The survey can be accessed online at https://surveys.wested.org/csps/PH976RM or return the paper survey that will be given to your student next week in their English class to bring home; return the survey to the school and be entered to win a $25 gift card compliments of the Foundation of James Madison High School.
- Pasta for Pennies Raises Supports Leukemia Patients - Support this year's campaign by giving what you can. Collection boxes are in period 4 clasrooms or give to the organization online under Madison High School (tax deductible); http://events.lls.org/pages/sd/MadisonHighSchoolSanDiego-2018
- Blood Drive - Madison will host its 3rd Blood Drive of the year on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, beginning at 8:30 am in room 903; family and community members are encouraged to participate.
- Letters of Recommendation - Requests to teachers or counselors must be made two weeks prior to the due date to give the recommender time to write the letter.
- Saturday School is Saturday, April 7, 2018, 8 a.m. to noon, Rm. B22. Seniors are required to clear attendance through Saturday School in order to participate in end-of-year senior activities. Permission slips were distributed on Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Students must arrive on time; late arrivals are turned away.
- College Acceptances - Seniors are reminded to check the college portal for each college to which they applied for further information and check the TO DO lists. See your counselor or the Madison registrar (Ms. DeLeon) for support if your college is requesting mid-year transcripts. Check your email and portals daily.
- Scholarship deadlines are quickly approaching; complete as many as possible. Many scholarships go unclaimed because students don't apply. Don't let this happen to you. Please let your counselor know if you receive a scholarship.
- Finance Office Deadlines - Last day to accept a personal check is Tuesday, April 10. If you plan to write a check to buy a yearbook or clear indebtedness, please do it now.