BHS Tiger News
Week of May 1, 2022
Belleville High School
Greetings, BHS Families! This is Week #14 of Semester 2, and we are excited to celebrate our dedicated educators during TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK this week! As you have seen first hand, our teachers not only teach their academic content, but they also encourage, lend a listening ear, nominate, recommend, and help you to guide our students into their purpose!
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE?
If you would like to contribute to this week's celebrations, we ask that you use this link to donate. All proceeds will go toward special treats for our teachers this week; and don’t forget to THANK A TEACHER this and ANY week!
COLLEGE SIGNING SPIRIT WEEK
We are also excited to recognize all our seniors who are announcing their after-high school plans with College Signing Day (May 6th) and College Signing Spirit Week. See the Counseling Corner below for more information.
AP TESTING (AP Testing schedule: Location room 241)
AP Testing begins this week for all students who have committed to the rigor of college-level courses in high school. Based on performance on the exams, students can skip these classes at their college/university - which makes them one less class to pay for! Good luck, Tigers!!
Thank you for your time and attention to this week's information. Have a great week everyone, and GO TIGERS!
~ Principal Crockett, AP Mrs. Green, AP Mr. Roberson, AP Mr. Wright, BNT Director Mr. Wilsey, and AD Mr. Brodie
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
May 2nd: Teacher Appreciation Week begins! Please click this link if you would like to contribute.
May 2nd-13th: AP Testing (see Counseling Section for schedule)
May 2nd - 6th: COLLEGE SIGNING Spirit Week (See Counseling Section for schedule)
May 3rd: Student Council Elections
May 3rd: Jazz Band Concert, 7:00pm
May 5th: Tuff Puff Volleyball - Students versus Staff
DAILY ATTENDANCE: Reporting Absences
Parents and guardians, please be sure your student finishes this school year strong with excellent daily attendance! Missing only one day of school can put a student behind for up to 3 days. If students will be absent for any reason, please remember to REPORT their absence either online in ParentConnect (24 hour access), or by calling the Main Office.
BUILDING AND STUDENT SAFETY
In light of recent events, and as a firm reminder of a couple of our safety basics please be intentional about discussing these two with your student(s).
Building Entrances/Locked Doors: All entry doors in the building lock at 7:20am. After this, the only doors that may be utilized are at the Main Entrance. Students are not to open, leave from, nor prop open building doors. Failure to follow these safety protocols results in immediate suspension.
Toy Guns: Orbeez or Airsoft Guns, BB Guns, and any other Toy Guns are strictly prohibited and will incur a stiff penalty. Gun look-alikes are dangerous and leave those in authority - especially law enforcement - a split second decision to determine whether it’s real or if it’s not. DO NOT BRING THESE ITEMS TO SCHOOL. Parents, if you allow them in your home, please be sure they remain there. Possession of these weapon look-alikes results in students being sent for an automatic expulsion hearing.
MARCH - Students of the Month!
As we continue developing the BHS Vision of Purpose, Excellence, and ACHIEVEMENT, we would like to recognize students who are exemplifying these characteristics. Students were nominated by their teachers for excellence in any of the following categories:
Significant Progress in the Classroom
Marked Improvement in Grades
Notable Consideration Towards Others
This was the LARGEST list of nominees so far this year! Please CLICK HERE for the list. CONGRATULATIONS, Tigers!
Spring Sports are in Full Swing!
BHS Spring Sports have begun! Please visit the Athletics page on our website for up to date information for all programs.
- Boys Baseball
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Softball
- Girls Tennis
- Boys and Girls Track
Student Council and SENIOR CLASS Information
Parent volunteers from ALL GRADES are needed to help out at the Class of 2022 Senior Party on Saturday, May 21, 2022. Here is the link to the google form to sign up.
- The Class of 2022 is looking to donations for the Senior Party on Saturday, May 21, 2022. Please consider donating item(s) for this one last event for the seniors before graduation. Here is the link to the SignUp Genius. Thank you for supporting our Class of 2022 Seniors!
- Class of 2023 Senior Status shirts are now available to purchase. Please complete this google form to indicate shirt size. The google form to indicate your shirt size must be completed and purchased by Monday, April 25,, 2022. Shirts are $20.00 and can be purchased only through PaySchools. (If you purchased a Junior package at the beginning of the school year, the Senior Status shirt was included)
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 is the Tuff Puff Volleyball game from 6:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m. in the main gym. Admission is $5.00 with proceeds benefiting the Junior Class of 2023 and the Volleyball team.
- There will be ONE LAST order of Senior yard signs. Payment and the google form is due by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 25, 2022. Here is the link to the form with directions on how to make payment.
- The original order of Senior yard signs will be available for pickup on Monday, April 25, 2022 after school. This is the last of the 4 scheduled days for signs to be picked up. Please Note that If seniors miss this final pickup date, signs will ONLY be distributed on May 19th after Senior walk.
- Belleville High School Proud Parent and Proud Grandparent shirts of a BHS graduate are available for purchase on PaySchools. Here is the link to the form to place an order and directions on how to make a payment.
- Senior Class of 2022 Prom will be held on Friday, May 20, 2022 from 7:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. at Laurel Manor in Livonia, Michigan.
- Senior Party will be held on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at High Velocity beginning at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20.00 and are available NOW through PaySchools until May 13, 2022.
- PLEASE READ the information in this link. See the Class of 2022 link for updates on upcoming events including fundraisers, senior parent meetings, prom and senior party.
QR CODE for SENIOR ALBUM for end of year SENIOR VIDEO. Seniors can add pictures to the Senior Album to be included in the video. Students are able to access the link through their school email only.
Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready Class of 2022!
We will celebrate College Signing Day with a fun-filled
College Signing Spirit Week, May 2-6, 2022!
We will recognize all seniors that are planning to attend college, community college, vocational/trade school, apprenticeship or enlist in the military.
From the Counseling Team
BHS Kickstart Program:
SENIORS! Still need help with your plans for after high school? BHS Counseling team is here to help! Join us every Thursday after school to receive one-on-one assistance.
SENIOR RECOGNITION NIGHT!
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm, we will celebrate the Class of 2022 scholarships recipients. If your senior has earned a scholarship and would like to participate in Senior Recognition Night, please submit verification of the scholarship award to Mr. Kellum by Wednesday, May 4, 2022. A copy of the scholarship verification can be dropped off at the counseling office or emailed to Mr. Kellum at email@example.com. Invitations will be sent out digitally the week of May 2nd.
Michigan's FAFSA Priority Deadline Extension
Deadline: May 1
Michigan's extended FAFSA priority deadline is May 1. The deadline extension means students have more time to complete the FAFSA and maintain full eligibility for state financial aid, including priority consideration for the Michigan Competitive Scholarship and Michigan Tuition Grant.
Opportunity for Graduating Seniors (Class of 2022)
The Great Lakes Water Authority is excited to provide our students with a "learn while you earn" opportunity. Please take a moment to review the details below; you may contact Adino May firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding the pre-apprenticeship training.
Internship Overview - The program will include:
- Pre-apprenticeship training
- Job Shadowing with Great Lakes Water Authority Operations' Team Members
- An opportunity at the end of the internship program to be selected for a full-time apprenticeship program with Great Lakes Water Authority. Apprenticeships are an "earn while you learn" program. For additional information about apprenticeships, students may visit www.apprenticeship.gov.
Internship scheduled start date: Monday, June 27, 2022
Information Sessions - Virtual Information session dates :
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12, 2022, 6:00 p.m.
- Each information session length is 45 minutes.
- Interested students must attend one of the information sessions.
- Parents are invited. Parental attendance is optional.
Student Internship Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of June 30, 2022
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Required to attend one information session
- Must submit a resume by Monday, May 16, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
To register for an information session, email Adino May at email@example.com.
Include student name, high school, and session you would like to attend.
Opportunity for RISING Seniors (Class of 2023)
Central Michigan University has launched a fashion dual enrollment program. This opportunity is for rising seniors that are interested in the fashion industry. Please contact Mrs. Currie for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENIOR SERVICE LEARNING HOURS
Service learning hours need to be logged in the following form: Class of 2022-Senior Service Learning Hours. Deadline is Friday, May 13.
New scholarships were added to our scholarship page this week! Please click on the link below to see new scholarship opportunities.
Here are a few scholarships with approaching deadlines. All scholarships can be found on our scholarships page. Click on the link above. Apply today!
- John Alden Clark and Marie Mountain Clark Scholarship- 5/1/22
- Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships- 6/30/22