Outlook Calendar Updates
Additionally, please note the dates of the upcoming testing trainings, which are mandatory (if you cannot attend live, you must watch the recording):
o March 14 – Intro to CAASPP, TOMS accounts, CST testing
o March 28 – Proctor responsibilities, security affidavits
o April 4 – Testing walkthrough, TA interface, how-to set up a test session
o April 11 – Tech Training
o April 18 – Special Education - Testing Supports, Accommodations and Universal Tools
ILP Update Window
Please properly pace yourself to ensure all ILPs are completed and documented on time!
What should you be doing?:
1. Complete ILPs : Remember that students who are brand new this quarter need an Initial ILP, whereas returning students need only an ILP Update. These are conversations on progress in content classes, educational goals, career plans, etc.
2. Document ILPs with the correct template in TVS:
- For directions on how to complete and document an ILP please reference sharepoint.
SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
If you have questions please reach out to your Lead.
Spring Break Catch Up Plans
SBAC Boot Camp
- As a reminder, you will ONLY run boot camp on your assigned date, as ALL 11th graders have been invited to the same session each week. See the email sent out earlier for the schedule.
If you are not running boot camp, remember to use the normal homeroom time slot (10-11am) to reach out to your homeroom students. It is extremely important that you know what’s going on with them, if they are struggling in their classes, if they are having technical issues, etc. Let’s use this time each week to make those personal connections! When you document these calls/texts in PW, remember to select “Homeroom” from the drop-down Subject menu in the Contact Manager.
Boot Camp Dates:
SBAC: February 22nd - April 18th
CST: April 4th - April 18th
FAST Referral Reminders
- The CLs are sweeping the truancy reports for students with missing attendance, so you ONLY need to do referrals for students who have OLS-entered time but who AREN'T logging in.
- Students who are failing two or more classes should be referred for Low Progress, but be sure to check first if they are missing attendance - compliance takes precedence.
- Continue to refer students who are UTC, just be sure that you have tried ALL available phone numbers and methods of contact.
If you have trouble locating your student in the FAST Tracker, upon opening the tracker try clicking column E labeled “Student ID”, then hit “ctrl H” and enter the ID you want info on. This should take you right to the tab that the student is currently located on.
Q3 Work Records
The work Record roster is now posted in SP. If there is a student missing from the roster and you need to do a work record on them, simply add them to your list.
Remember if you are part of the virtual work record pilot program to refer to those directions on uploading into Pathways. If you need those again, please let your HLT know.
Physical Fitness Testing (PFT)
If you have new students this cohort, or have been unable to assign existing students, please remember to check today for new sites and continue making assignments.
Don't forget to collect Release of Liability forms (these were sent in the initial kmail attachments, but can be downloaded from MARVIN under each site as well). If you have received one from a student, please check the box next to student for the ROL in MARVIN, and hold onto the form. Let your HLT know if you have any questions!
Testing Window and RTO DATES
End of Quarter:
No consecutive days off April 13th – April 20th
No consecutive days off week prior to testing window open
No days off weeks of testing (April 27th-May 31st )
No consecutive days off week following testing window close
End of Year:
No consecutive days off June 17th – June 24th
Due Dates and Reminders
March 1-18: Q3 ILP Update Window
March 17th: LP-7 Ends (3/18-4/21)
March: 21-25: Spring Break
March 31st: Teacher Calendars Due
April 14th: End of Q3
April 15th: Q4- start
April 18th: Q3 Gradebooks Due
April 21st: LP-8 Ends
April 22nd: Q3 Work Records Due to HLT
April 29th: Teacher Calendars Due
May 9- 27: Q4 ILP Update Window