Advanced Practice Midwifery Course
Las Angeles, CA 2 day workshop
JOIN US FOR A Two DAY INTENSIVE HANDS-ON CLINICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Registration here at this workshop also gives bonus free admission to the
[Birth Business Club] Experts' Reception Friday Night May 6th, 7pm
Los Angeles Workshop Agenda
Saturday, May 7th, 9-6
- Venipuncture practice with phlebotomy skills & IV placement and administration
- Cervical exams, dialation, station and effacement assessment on static models
- Post dates diagnosis, non-pharmaceutical cervical ripening & labor induction including herbs, oils, homeopathics, natural prostaglandins & oxytocin release, and bulb foley placement
- Internal fetal head positioning and re-positioning & cervical lip diagnosis & treatment
- Newborn latch & mouth assessment, identifying and treating thrush & identifying and treating tongue and lip tie
- Shoulder dystocia prevention and management with hands on mannequin practice and role plays
Sunday, May 8th, 12-3pm
- Hemorrhage diagnosis & treatment, estimated blood loss and urinary catheter placement
- Preventing tears, performing episiotomy, and repairing lacerations including labial, clitoral hood & 3rd degree extensions
Augustine is an accomplished management executive and a trusted, skilled out-of-hospital midwife with a strong entrepreneurial heart, who takes much joy in mainstreaming midwifery and the midwifery model of care by bringing the modern community-centered birth center choice to low risk women in her community in one of her Oregon state-licensed free-standing birth centers. She respects a woman’s need for the empowering feeling of being undisturbed during labor, but balances this attention to the sacred rite of passage with 17 years experience attending births in hospitals, birth centers, and homes in rural, urban and suburban environments in the US and abroad. Augustine’s focus is finely attuned to the process of letting go and opening to the unknown in labor and in life.
In addition to managing an integrate holistic health center and running two birth centers, Augustine also consults around the country for start-up birth centers and new midwives opening or expanding their practices. It is her profound joy to illuminate the sacred journey of pregnancy and birth for other women as well as participate in the education of the next generation of midwives. She is also writing a book for parents and editing a film project due out summer 2016.