Catch Our Spirit: Be a COLT!
August 4, 2023
Welcome to Clear Fork Middle School...
Welcome to the Middle School Newsletter! It will provide information about the upcoming year and upcoming school events. If you have any questions, please contact the Middle School Office at 419-886-3111.
A Note From the Principal...
Hello Students and Parents!
I hope all of our CFMS students and families have had a restful summer break. I cannot believe that summer is almost over and that students will be back in the classrooms in just a few short weeks. We are excited to announce that we now have air conditioning in our upstairs classrooms. We believe that this will help to keep the whole building cooler this year.
We have several upcoming activities specifically for the middle school students and parents:
- Schedule pick up for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will be August 16th and 17th from 9:00am-2:00pm. During schedule pick-up, students and parents may pay fees, tour the building, put items in their lockers, pick-up their Chromebook, complete Final Forms, and purchase locks for their locker. Students who do not get their Chromebook during schedule pick up will need to wait until the first day of school to get their Chromebook.
- Open house is August 24th from 6:45pm -7:45pm. Sixth Grade and 7th/8th grade students new to the middle school will have an orientation meeting at 6:45pm in the auditorium and then report to their Advisory Teacher’s Room for additional information. There is no Chromebook pick-up available during the open house. In the cafeteria we will have a table for schedule pick up, locks, fees, and Final Forms. The table will only be available from 6:45pm-7:45pm.
Field trips this year will include:
- 6th grade: FFA Camp Muskingum on October 11-13. More information will be shared soon!
- 7th grade: Spring trips: Ohio State Reformatory, Leader Richland, and Ohio Heartland. Information will be provided during the school year.
- 8th grade: There will be a field trip to visit the Knox County Career Center. Additional field trip(s) is being planned and details will be available later. We are also planning a summer trip to Washington DC.
- Anyone needing assistance with the cost of any field trip should contact the office. Anyone willing to help financially support students attending these trips should also contact the middle school office.
We want to make sure that parents, students, teachers, and office staff have excellent communication. Here are several ways to keep in touch with the school:
- Sign up for the Middle School Remind Texts on the Clear Fork Web Page.
- Check for emails from Final Forms. These emails may include information about field trips, grade level information, building wide information, bussing information, and more.
- Access Progress Book/Grade Book at least weekly to check grades.
- Students can sign up for the CFMS Student Google Classroom using the code phkvqor
The Clear Fork Middle School Office Staff includes Angie Peterson who is our secretary and Randy Pore who is the Assistant Principal. Please feel free to reach out to any of us with questions or concerns by calling the middle school office at 419-886-3111.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone very soon!
Mrs. Jennifer Klaus, Clear Fork Middle School Principal
AUG 16&17 Schedule Pick Up 9am-2pm
AUG 23 New Teacher Workday
AUG 24&25 Teacher In-Service Days
AUG 24 Open House 6:45pm-7:45pm
AUG 28 First Day of School
SEPT 4 No School- Labor Day
SEPT 6 Start CFMS Fall Fundraiser
SEPT 15 Early Release- Staff In-Service
SEPT 20 End Fall Fundraiser
SEPT 28 Parent Teacher Conferences
SEPT 28 Hidden In Plain Sight from 5pm-7pm
SEPT 30 All School Fees Due for the $10 Discount
OCT 3 Parent Teacher Conferences
OCT 10 Senior Breakfast @ CFHS
OCT 11-13 6th Grade Field Trip to Nature's Classroom
OCT 13 Early Release- Staff In-Service
OCT 18 Fundraiser Delivery
OCT 27 End of Quarter 1
OCT 30 No School- Teacher In-Service Day