enlisted military personnel
- the men and women who volunteer in the Armed Forces
- median salary- $ 29,000
- why this job is stressful- Enlisted personnel and officers must travel frequently, they do their work exposed to public scrutiny, and they have very little say over how they spend their time. They are also separated from family for months and sometimes years at a time. Soldiers must endure heavy physical demands, from boot camp and basic training to the rigors of duty, which can include not just war but aiding in natural disasters like the Filipino typhoon.
- summary- In the United States Army, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Marine Corps, general is a four-star general officer rank, with the pay grade of O-10. General ranks above lieutenant general and belowGeneral of the Army or General of the Air Force; the Marine Corps does not have an established grade above general.
- median salary- $ 196,000
- the process of planning a festival, ceremony, competition, party, concert, or convention. Event planning includes budgeting, establishing dates and alternate dates, selecting and reserving the event site, acquiringpermits (alcohol permits, insurance licenses, etc), and coordinating transportation and parking. Event planning also includes some or all of the following, depending on the event: developing a theme or motif for the event, arranging for speakers and alternate speakers, coordinating location support (such as electricity and other utilities), arranging decor, tables, chairs, tents, event support and security, catering, police, fire, portable toilets, parking, signage, emergency plans, health care professionals and aid stations, and cleanup.
- median salary- $ 46,000
public relations executive
- the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization and the public. Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment. The aim of public relations by a company often is to persuade the public, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders to maintain a certain point of view about it, its leadership, products, or of political decisions.
- median salary-$ 54,000
senior corporate executive
- a senior professional who is commonly responsible for making key decisions and overseeing a significant department or functional area within a corporateoperation.
- median salary- $ 168,000
- why this job is stressful- Corporate executives likewise have an image that belies their work lives, says Lee. “They’re responsible for the livelihood of everyone who works at their company,” he notes. “If the company is public, they’re responsible for their shareholders.” Plus they travel constantly and work around the clock on a schedule that is not of their own making.
- writes stories for the newspaper.
- median salary- $ 36,000
- why this job is stressful- In these times of newsroom austerity and mounting pressure to produce multi-media reports as news is breaking, while competing with lightning-fast social media and a plethora of blogs, this job deserves to be on the top ten list. Of course reporters also cover wars and assume some of the same risks as members of the military. Meantime, the market for old fashioned newspaper journalists continues to shrink, meaning that many reporters feel they must stay in unhappy, risky positions at a time when they would prefer to move on.