Community and Stakeholders
Community and Stakeholders Relationship
Why should we care about Family and Community involvement in schools?
Schools, parents, and the community should work together to promote the health, well being, and learning of all students. When schools actively involve parents and engage community resources they are able to respond more effectively to the health-related needs of students.
Family and community involvements foster partnerships among schools, family and community groups, and individuals. These partnerships result in sharing and maximizing resources. They help children and youth develop healthy behaviors and promote healthy families.
What are some best practices related to Family and Community Involvement in schools?
- Collaborating with community - Community resources are used to strengthen schools, families and student learning.
- Communicating - Communication between home and school is regular, two-way, and meaningful.
- Parenting - Parenting skills are promoted and supported.
- School decision making and advocacy - Parents are full partners in the decisions that affect children and families.
- Student Learning - Parents play an integral role in assisting student learning.
- Volunteering - Parents are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought.
Frequently Asked Questions??????????
~What is the vision the school district is seeking to achieve?
~ How are community stakeholders involved in the development of the vision?
~ How well does the district leadership guide the work of the district and promote student learning?
~ As parents and community members, what leadership opportunities are available to ~How does the leadership involve stakeholders and encourage collaboration and shared responsibility?
~Does the district maintain a system-wide climate that supports student learning?
~Does the district maintain and ensure a safe, orderly, and healthy environment?
~ How does the district foster communication and shared leadership with and among each other?
~ How does the district regularly communicate with stakeholders? Is the communication timely and useful? Continuous Improvement.
~How are parents and community members involved in and informed of the district’s improvement process?
~ What role do parents and community members play in helping the district meet its improvement goals?