NEWS FROM TEAM BOLINGER
- We are very privileged to have a guest instructor for the next several weeks. Her name is Nancy Morgan, and she is a retired school teacher with over 35 years of classroom experience. She was with us this past Friday and shared a close read on a biography about Pocahontas. Students were actively engaged in this very interesting lesson.
- We are wrapping up our study of author's reasoning this week.
- Students have begun to draft a persuasive five paragraph essay on a topic of their choosing.
- We will be closing out Unit 3 this week, and when we return in January, we will begin our investigations of fractions, decimals, and percents.
- I encourage all students to continue to practice their basic facts to build or to enhance both fluency and accuracy.
- This week we will be working on a very special math problem as we determine the cost of the 12 Days of Christmas.
- Thank you to all the parents that sent in empty soda cans. We have been conducting experiments with the cans focusing on static electricity.
- Please be sure to sign and return several items: 1) Your child's progress report; 2) most recent math quiz; and 3) the form that came home today from Mrs. Parks regarding your child's participation in the concert Thursday evening.
- Thursday is our delicious chili dinner sponsored by 5th Grade. This is also the night of our incredible Holiday Concert that your sons and daughters have been rehearsing for the past few weeks. Please have your child meet me in the lobby of the auditorium at 6:00.
- Friday, December 18th, is our last day of school prior to Winter Break. Students may wear pajamas that day. We are being treated to a "fireside" visit with Ms. Cain that day, as well as some other fun holiday-themed activities.
- Our classroom has been rearranged and it looks AWESOME! Please stop in and visit any time!
- I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of the Team Bolinger families a joyful holiday, and a very happy and healthy new year.