A WORD TO THE WISE...
* STAAR WRITING - Thank you to everyone who made Tuesday a success! Fourth grade teachers for supporting writing and writing and writing, Third grade teachers for encouraging the students to do their best, Kathie G for another amazing meal, Hall monitors for ensuring that we are safe and secure, and Kara for your never ending hard work to ensure that the day runs smoothly and everything happens without a hitch! GREAT JOB TO ALL!!!!!
* FACULTY EGG HUNT - We anticipate hosting our second annual faculty egg hunt on Thursday after school. We are still in need of candy to stuff the eggs. (For those of you who are new, we hide and toss eggs in the garden. They are stuffed with candy or jeans passes.) We will fill as many eggs as we can. If you have free time and want to stuff eggs next week, please let me know.
* BOND INFORMATIONAL MEETING - There is a Bond Informational meeting at ORHS on Monday, April 15 @ 6:00 p.m. It would be great if many of us would attend to support Dr. Null and the presentation. Jeans Tuesday for those who attend!
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* MATH COACH VISIT - Gretchen Montgomery will be here on Monday. She will be meeting with all math teachers during planning periods to complete the Questioning training we started at Faculty Meeting in February.
* SOURCE Committee - Will meet on Wednesday in the front conference room. If you have any Foundation concerns, please share with your rep so that we can address them. Remember, you will need to attend with your rep so we can address the issues.
* INJURED STUDENTS - If you have a student that could possibly have a broken bone, please have them remain in their current location and call for Audra. She will make the call whether to move them or not.
* EXPLORETORIUM - At the ExplOREtorium night, PTO auctions off baskets and time with teachers. We are in need of what you want to auction off? They are asking that you do individual or partner items this year (lunch in the garden, movie with a teacher) instead of grade wide auctions. Be creative!! I need your idea by Thursday.
* KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP - Please remind parents that Kindergarten Round Up starts on Monday. Registration is online and this will include ORE students and Suchma students. Virginia will register them all and then separate them. We want to get as many registered as possible so please help us spread the word.
* THIRD AND FOURTH GRADE TEACHERS - Kara will be placing accommodation baggies in your mailbox Monday. She needs you to fill them with STAAR accommodation materials and return to her by Tuesday, April 23.
* EXPLORETORIUM NIGHT - Is right around the corner. Please make sure you are advertising to parents about this event. We want to have a great showing that evening.
* INTRA/INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS - Intradistrict/interdistrict transfer requests for next school year are now available. If your child is in attendance here on a transfer, please go ahead and take of submitting one for next year. BOARD VOTED AND CHANGED THE DEADLINE DATE TO MAY 1 FROM JULY 1.
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
13 - PK/Early Childhood Fair @ B.B. Rice
15 - Bond Meeting @ ORHS @ 6:00 p.m.
15-26 - Kindergarten Round Up
17 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
17 - Fourth grade to Destination YMCA
19 - Holiday - Kara Saly's birthday
22 - School holiday
23 - 26 - Book Fair
23 - Third grade Destination YMCA
24 - Administrative Professionals' Day
24 - Fourth Vogel Visit
25 - ExplOREtorium Night, Kinder Round Up
26 - Math Review Quiz
29 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Kim Dooley and Tami Miller's birthday, Dr. Phillips campus visit
1 - Principals' Day
2 - Second grade program
6 - Team Leader
6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
8 - Samantha Hier's brithday
9 - Teacher Appreciate Luncheon
9 - TOY/HOY/RISING STAR reception
10 - Muffins with Mom