BBIS: Parent Newsletter
October 23, 2020
Construction & Morning Car Rider Line
What are we doing to help?
- We open our doors at 7:20 a.m.
- Beginning Thursday, October 22, the secondary front doors (east end of building) will be open at 7:45 a.m. as an additional point of entry for students.
- Students may exit vehicles anywhere ALONG THE SIDEWALK.
What can you do to help?
- Consider using district provided transportation or EMCC which opens at 6:30 a.m.
- Have your children packed up, masked up, and ready to hop out as you enter the line.
- If an adult is waving your child out of the vehicle, encourage your child to hop out.
MEF STAR EDUCATOR: Recognize someone who has made a difference!
With a minimum donation of $20, MEF will recognize all the Star Educators in December and May.
Recipients will receive:
- recognition in the Community Impact Newspaper, on the website and social media;
- a special item from the title sponsor;
- a MEF Star Pin, and
- a congratulatory certificate identifying the donor(s).
Your donation helps fund our many successful grants for innovative teaching projects, which enrich your child’s education, fund scholarships and supports all MEF initiatives.
We must receive your STAR request by Friday, November 6, 2020 to deliver by December and by Friday, April 9, 2021 to deliver by the end of school.
We have a PTO Yearbook representative and a campus teacher Yearbook representative. They are in need of pictures for the yearbook: back to school pictures, any extracurricular activities, in class and at home learning, kids with projects, practicing instruments, staff pics etc.
We are looking forward to an action packed yearbook!
IN-PERSON students must attend school each day. If an in-person learner must miss school, they are marked ABSENT. The student may access the make-up work through Canvas; however, the student is still marked ABSENT.
VIRTUAL students have been enrolled by their parents through the proper channels.
Parents may not choose for their children to toggle between learning environments. Changes in the learning environment are only made at the close of the nine weeks.
Parent Self Serve
Questions or issues about Parent Self Serve? Please refer to the MISD Parent Help Desk. There is a link directly on the online enrollment site or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-252-7378. (This includes those parents who need their student's ID number; to update/add an email address; etc.)
BBIS General Information
Virtual School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
In-Person School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Early Morning Childcare begins at 6:30 a.m.
- Car Riders can begin drop off at 7:20 a.m.
- Bus Riders arrival begins at 7:20 a.m.
- Dismissal begins at 3:10 p.m
Visit our BBIS website for any other information.