"Super" Spruce Scoop
Volume 2 Edition 33
May 9, 2016
Happ Mother's Day!
We have some many members of the Spruce feeder pattern family who are wonderful mothers and also give so much to the students in our schools. I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Mother's Day! You spend so many hours taking care of and educating the students from our community. Please know that I am thankful you are in our schools serving our kids and want this Mother's Day to be filled with blessings!
Cinco de Mayo Parade
Thank you to all students, staff, assistant principals and principals who took time on Saturday to enjoy the Pleasant Grove Cinco de Mayo Parade. We were well represented and came out in force. Below are pictures from this fun event.
COLLISION REPAIR & REFINISHING
Growing teacher practice is a priority. Our district is moving back toward providing the necessary support for teachers to continue growing their practice. ..... Here is the link P2LD to access all the resources for your teachers to schedule the professional development tailored to their needs.
TEI Important Dates
The school year is quickly coming to a close. However, we have much to wrap up in many aspects of our work. In particular, TEI is a priority and there are important dates to know:
- May 10 - 25: TEI Roster Verification window for teachers
- May 19: Last day to conduct summative and extended observations
- May 23 - June 6: Teacher rebuttal window in Oracle for summative performance evaluations
- June 2: Last day to conduct spot observations, Last day to hold summative conferences
Contract Dissemination for the 2016-2017
- Contracts for contract-eligible employees will be sent out electronically via Oracle Employee Self Service by early May.
- An email notification will be sent out to inform employees that 2016-2017 contracts are available for acknowledgement.
- All employees will have two weeks to provide an electronic signature; according to section 21 of the Dallas ISD Educator Contracts, an offer of employment shall expire if the contract is not signed by deadline.