by: Isabell Aguilar
* a process of reproduction that involves only one parent plant or plant part and produces offspring identical to the parent plant.
* Many plants can grow new plants sexually from their plant parts.
* If a plant is cut or damaged, it can sprout new growth from the stems, roots, or leaves.
* These are all types of underground stems.
* The ''eyes'' of the buds or tubers, for example potatoes, grow into roots and shoots to produce a new plant.
*Bulbs, for example onions, are big buds made stem and special types of leaves.