The Soto Scoop
Week of May 16-May 20
THANK YOU for all your hard-work and dedication as we near the end of the school-year. With just 13 days of school ahead, it seems hard to believe how far we have come from the beginning of the school-year. "Oh the places we will go!" was our motto this school year and we can now say, "Oh the places we DID go!" with the great success we saw this school-year. Just some of our celebrations...
- Growth on ACP and STAAR scores
- New Clubs, such as the Running Club, making a mark on campus
- 19+ Speakers at Career Day (students were even heard on the radio!)
- Record-breaking number of tutoring hours
- Record-breaking attendance at PTA meetings and Coffee w/ the Principal
- More resources for parents than ever before with a functioning Parent Center and new partnerships with organizations, such as the HIPPY program
- Teachers and staff working as a team! ...and SO SO MUCH MORE!
As we prepare wrap up the end of the year, let the successes of this school-year energize you. Be proud. You've earned it!
Notes and Reminders--
- Summer PD Plans: All teachers are required to obtain 14 PD credits over the summer to makeup for two days of staff development in August. Depending on the teacher’s level of proficiency, the principal has the ability to choose a certain number of those credit hours. Please turn in your PD plan to me and get an item checked off your EOY list!
- SLO/Roster Verification: Instructions on how to complete your SLO and verify your TEI Roster were emailed out last week and have been part of our TEI Newsletter since March. Please complete it by our stated deadlines. SLO Due: May 18th
Student Survey Results: Results will be available to teachers on Schoolnet on May 18th.
Climate and Culture Survey: Please check your email/clutter folder and complete your survey by May 20th.
- School Excellence Study: A Starbucks card was placed in your box as a thank you for completing the Elementary School Excellence Study. The survey is confidential and will take less than 20 minutes to complete.
- Spot Observations/Summative Conferences- Please note that the last day for Spot Observations is June 2nd and Summative Evaluations will be submitted this week.
- 2016-2017 School Contracts: Contracts for the upcoming school-year have been issued. We will have two weeks to accept the contract offer. Deadline: May 25, 2016
A Week in Review
THANK YOU for making our Career Day a SUCCESS!
Assistant Principal-Notes & Reminders
The end of the year is fast approaching us and we are almost ready to wrap up testing. Our last test will be our end of year semester ACP test. Testing will start on Wednesday May 18th - May 24th.
Also, please start covering your room and bulletin boards. Please be reminded that all items in the classroom need to be covered. This includes LOs and DOLs. There should not be anything left uncovered. I will check walls at the end of the day Monday, May 16th.
Upcoming Testing Dates
- Wednesday 5/18: K-2 and 5th Grade Math
Thursday 5/19: K-2 and 5th Grade Reading; 3rd-4th Science
Friday 5/20: 3-5 Specials
Monday 5/23: 3-5 Language Arts
Tuesday 5/24: 3-5 Social Studies
We will begin picking up textbooks on May 25th. Mr. Hernandez will be passing out the textbook inventory, so that you may double check everything that was passed out to you. Please start highlighting items that you have and place all items in a corner of your room. Please choose a space that will not be intrusive to your class since, TAs will come by and check to ensure you have everything that was given to you and pick up materials to store in the book room.
Thank you for all that you do!
Your Voice Matters
Go Above and Beyond!
3rd grade morning duty
Monday, May 16th, 7:15am to Friday, May 20th, 7:45am
Wednesday, May 18th, 3:15-4:15pm
We will meet this week to reflect on this school-year in order to provide guidance on what should be done next school-year.
Wednesday, May 18th, 8:15am to Tuesday, May 24th, 10am
- Kinder 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 1st 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 2nd 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 5th 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Kinder Reading 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 1st Reading 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 2nd Reading 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- 3rd Science 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 4th Science 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 5th Reading 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 3rd Music 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 4th PE 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 5th Art 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 3rd,4th, and 5th 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- 3rd,4th, and 5th 8:30-10:00 a.m.