February 1, 2016
We, the Bethany Community, are dedicated to provide an excellent education and to instill a life-long love of learning that will maximize each student’s success in a competitive 21st Century World
Thanks for All You Do!!
Good morning Bethany Bunch Staff!!
I hope that all of you had a wonderful weekend with time to both play and relax. It is so important to take some time each week -- either in the evenings, weekends, or both -- to step away from the planning, preparing, and pondering of all things school. It's like everything else in life . . . too much of anything causes us to lose our natural homeostasis and creates constant internal conflict. Prioritize what is essential for student success when focused on work and strategically abandon those things that have little impact. So, as I mentioned in a previous Monday Minutes, let's find balance in our lives so that we can be the BEST TEACHERS possible.
Thanks to all who have completed the three walkthroughs required for the month of January. Hopefully, the time spent on this activity, even for those few minutes, was meaningful. I have looked through what was turned in and will get them to the teachers who were observed once I credit has been provided for the observer. Over the next couple of months, it will be interesting to hear if these walkthroughs have any impact on each of your instruction.
Speaking of your instruction, we had a lot to celebrate in the month of January. Here are a few things that I noted while being out and about:
- All of you are doing an incredible job of monitoring recess. There were fewer teachers chatting and the playground we did a better job of being "with the kids" then I have seen in a long time.
- There was a big jump in the higher level questions being heard as we observed classrooms.
- While there is not empirical data to support this, it appeared that fewer worksheets were being completed and more authentic learning occurred in January.
- The relationships you have built with kids were obvious during each visit to classrooms!
Thanks for all of your efforts in January. The outcome of your efforts will definitely be increased student learning.
Thanks for all you do and have a fantastic week!
- February 3rd -- Dining for Dollars -- Buffalo Bluez
- February 4th -- Kindergarten PACE placement meeting
- February 9th -- All Pro Dad Breakfast
- February 10th -- Team Leader Meeting
- February 11th -- Progress Reports Go Home
- February 12th -- Friendship Parties
- February 12th -- PTA Friendship Dance (at least one member from each team needs to attend)
- February 15th -- Student Holiday/ Staff PDH Day
- February 17th -- Staff Meeting
- February 18th -- PACE Placement Meeting -- Grades 1-5
- February 24th -- PLC Meetings
- February 26th - March 4th -- Scholastic Book Fair
- March 3rd -- Open House-- 6:00-7:30
Thought For The Week
“You are free to choose, but you are not free to alter the consequences of your decisions.”
~ Ezra Taft Benson