Pack 469 Newsletter
November and December
Wreaths Across America - Wreath Day sign up
Please use this sign up link to let us know your family is attending so we know who to wait for. We need to all meet at the shuttle bus parking lot together - the crowds are large at the cemetery and it gets much more difficult to find everyone to stand together. The ceremony and activities are outside.https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C48A8AD2BA6FF2-wreaths
November 20 Tomball Holiday Parade
November 30 Pack Meeting - Yhank you First Responders
December 2 Round Table
December 7 - Parent / Committee meeting
December 14 - Pack Meeting - Holiday Party
January 4 Parent / Committee meeting
January 14 - 16 Guadalupe State Park Camp out
January 25 - Pack meeting
January 29 - Scouting for Food door hanger distribution
Santa Claus... a Scout?
Is it possible that Santa Claus was a Scout?
With Christmas upon us, I thought tonight I would try to answer an age-old question regarding Santa Claus: Is it possible that Santa Claus was a Scout?
Let’s take a look at how The Old Man stacks up against the Scout Law;
- Trustworthy – You certainly can trust that Santa will show up every year, just like he promises.
- Loyal – He’s very dedicated to his craft and his mission. Imagine the disappointment if he wasn’t loyal to his work.
- Helpful – saves many Dads from last-minute shopping. Dads are notorious for leaving things to the last minute, just ask a mom.
- Friendly – how many adults would let a millions of kids sit on their lap and listen to what they want? And smile while doing it?
- Courteous – He always says “thank You” for the billions of calories he gets in milk and cookies each year.
- Kind – delivering gifts to children is a great act of kindness. Except for the drum sets. That’s not too kind, at least to the parents.
- Obedient – I emailed Mrs. Claus on this one. No reply, but seeing he’s been married for all those years, I’m going to bet he does what she tells him.
- Cheerful – Ho ho ho. Need I say more?
- Thrifty – makes his own toys. Saves a bundle on shipping alone.
- Brave – would you get in a magic sleigh pulled by reindeer and fly? Me neither.
- Clean – not sure how he does it, but that red suit looks great even after the millionth chimney has been gone down
- Reverent – does his thing on a very special night for his religion and represents the spirit of the day.
…So yes Pack 469, it looks like Santa Claus may indeed have been a Scout.
This time of year no matter what holiday you celebrate, remember that doing your best every day and living the Scout Oath and Law is what really makes each of you a Scout!