Kitchen Safety and Sanitation
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Pour baking soda or salt on a grease fire
- Don't pour water on a grease fire
- Lift the lid of a sauce pan away from you
- Make sure to turn all appliances off when you are done with them
- Cook roast to 145 degrees/ poultry to 180 degrees/ ground beef to 160 degrees
- Make sure you cook all foods thoroughly to prevent food borne illnesses.
- Make sure to keep all counter tops clean so you don't cross-contaminate.
- Make sure your personal hygiene is good.
- Foods can get salmonella, E.coli, botulism, staphylococcus.