WW Staff Newsletter
Information from the Media Center
The Media Center is here to support you in your professional needs, curricular needs, and technology needs.
Some examples of how we can support you:
- Help you select, find, and pull print and ebooks
- Assist/collaborate in learning new technology (e.g. Kidspiration or Pixie) or designing a technology lesson, especially to use in the lower-level computer lab
- Can train before or after school, during my open tech time, or at a PLC
- Can co-teach a technology lesson with you when I’m not teaching Media classes.
- Access the Literacy Library (e.g. Rigby books)
- Provide resources about anything information-literacy, including copyright
- If you have an tech issue, you can use the following link to write a ticket for the help desk: http://helpdesk832/portal (Be sure to click the "sign in" link in the upper right on the webpage.)
Subscription Account Information
We have subscriptions to the following:
- Discovery Streaming If you are a new user to DS, you'll need to first use WW's passcode: FB94-5DA8 and then set up your own username and password.
- BrainPop Jr Username: wildwood1 Password: wildwood
- Tumblebooks Animated, talking picture and chapter books. Fiction and non-fiction. Correlated to Common Core.
- BookFlix WW's Washington county barcode (institutional card): 22092005199758 Pin number: 2400 (note: this institutional card is only for BookFlix, not other county library materials.
Reserving spaces and devices
- Lower-level computer lab
- Library spaces (teaching/meeting are or reading nook)
- iPad carts
Destiny Online Catalog
Mackin Via Ebooks
- Efficient, secure, accessible anywhere
Patrick and I are available throughout the year before and after school, PLC time, and staff development times if you'd like to learn more about Zephyr Apps. Click here to link to Patrick's summer training presentation on Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts Overview in Zephyr Apps.
Currently you can order one copy of Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows or one copy of Microsoft Office 2011 for Macs for $9.95 (+ S&H). This copy can be installed on one home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, you may acquire a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (Microsoft Office) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are under our employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit http://microsoft.com/licensing.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
- Go to https://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/default.aspx?culture=en-US
- Enter your school e-mail address and insert the following program code: BC305B7557
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization, Mahtomedi School District for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization and is intended to be used on a home computer on which you will be doing district-related work. Failure to comply with this does place you in violation of the terms and conditions of this program.
- Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
Please click here for purchase and installation instructions.