Mrs. Hamp's Happenings
Contact Me: 636-851-5334 or email@example.com
Notes From Mrs. Hamp
- D.A.R.E. graduation will be May 12 at 9:30 am. Congratulations to Jackson H. for winning the essay contest. All the essays were well written and demonstrated their understanding of the program.
- If you are able to donate items for our Dojo Store, items need to be turned in this week so I know what I need to purchase.
- Thank you to the volunteers that came to the Renaud center. Your presence was greatly appreciated and made the field trip run smoothly. The kiddos had a great time and were worn out!
- Summer birthday's are hardly celebrated during the school year. If your child has a summer birthday, we will be celebrating them throughout the next 1 1/2 weeks.
- The last day of school is May 19. It is an early release day.
- If you have not turned in your permission slip for you child to watch the Human growth and development video, these are due on May 10. We will be watching the video on May 13. The boys and girls will be separated for their videos.
- Tuesday, we will have a presentation on hygeine for the students on Tuesday.
Congratulations to our award winners
What are we learning this week?
Math: We will be taking out topic 15 test on Monday. We will begin our topic 16 on Tuesday. This topic will help us review ordered pairs and understanding graphs. We will also look at interpreting data. We will test on this topic within the week and next week we will take a year end test to see what has been retained throughout the year.
ELA: We will continue to understand specific diseases and evaluate a patient scenario. We will take a look at My Plate as well as understanding our immune system. As we move through the week, we will begin to put together our patient/doctor presentations for the class. We will talk about how to write a script and what their presentation board should include. At the beginning of next week, we will present our disease scenarios to the class, as we turn our classroom into a mock doctors office. The students will present their findings on their disease and share their expertise with the class.
Josh - May 24
Jackson - June 7
Sophia - June 20
Noah - July 5
Matt - July 6
Kiki - July 8
Taylor - July 17
Mark Your Calendar
May 13: Human Growth and Development video
May 16: MAP testing student celebration
May 19: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!