Welcome to the big leagues
Welcome to your freshman year! I am Gabrielle Mitteff, and I was a student of Mrs. Allen’s Honors English 9 during the 2015-2016 school year. I’m not going to lie. This class isn’t the easiest, but it is definitely the most fun! There is lots of reading to do, and many types of different books to read. So, if you love reading, you will love this class! Even if you aren’t a huge fan of reading, the books that Mrs. Allen picks draw you into them and make you fall in love with the reading. You also get to pick some of the books you read. Furthermore, there are many projects! So, be prepared! This was even a project! Haha. Then at the end of the year you will get a taste of poetry, and learn to become a poet yourself.
Throughout the school year you will go over at least nine different units. You will read an abundance of books, indulge in Shakespeare himself, and write poetry. These units include:
Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet
Independent Reading Assignments
My not so favorite
My advice to you
MY top 5: Making Mrs. Allen Laugh
- when you are on your chrome books pull up the song "Stereo Hearts" by Radiohead and as you are having a jam session starting yelling out the poetic devices in it.
- Talk as monotone as possible when reading out loud @ Gavin Miller. Unless it is Romeo and Juliet then you must USE PASSION @ me and Alisa Fracul.
- Talk to her about your books. Tell her everything you love and everything you hate. She will never back down from changing your perspective.
- Crack a joke about something English like
teacher: "If can't is the contraction for can not, don't is the contraction for?"
- have that one kid that everything is humorously blamed on @ Anthony