Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
November 16th 2015
I feel fall is in the air!
Please read the important information below for updates including changed contact information for me.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
- I have a new phone number and a new address. My contact information above and my email signature have been updated to reflect the changes.
- I will be taking Thursday and Friday off work this week and Monday and Tuesday off work next week to prepare, move, and unpack! This leads right into the Thanksgiving holiday break. I will still be available via email and phone, but I may not reply as quickly as I usually do. An auto email reply and voice mail message will be set up, but you can still send emails and leave messages and I will do my best to return them promptly. Please do not feel like you are bothering me over those days. I would rather help you as needed before you all go off to break. You may also contact my supervisor who will be another point of contact while I am out if it is something urgent and you do not hear back from me as quickly as you need. Her contact information will be provided on the auto email you receive if sending me an email. HRCC will be a recording for next Monday and my math classes this Thursday and Friday will be taught live by Lisa Longoria. She is their math teacher for Tuesdays and Wednesdays so they will be in good hands. I will be holding student supports this Tuesday and Wednesday for students invited so please keep an eye out on your plans for GUM or Math help.
- Your kiddos are excited to be our Weekly Olympian. Please see Symbaloo to sign up if you haven't already!!!
- Progress reports and updated ILPs will be sent out via kmail by Friday.
- If anyone has not submitted requested information please get it to me ASAP.
Mark Your Calendars
2nd Quarter: November 5th to January 27th
- 11th Veteran's Day- No School
- 13th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 6
- 25th-28th Thanksgiving Break
- 26th Mark your calendars! Thanksgiving morning the CAVA Gobblers are running (or walking) the Dana Point Turkey Trot 5K! I hope you can join us in this event I am planning as a CAVA outing. See symbaloo for more details and even a training plan! What a great way to get some PE minutes!
- 4th LP3 PE Log Due 10/29-12/1
- 21st-January 1st Winter Break
- 15th LP4 PE Log Due 12/2-1/12
- 15th PE Semester 1 Assignment Due
- 15th Q2 Work Samples Due- Original Work
- 15th Composition Due- “Persuasive” Unit 4 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- 15th Math TGA Due- Unit 5 Lesson 13
- 15th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 9
- 15th History Writing Assignment Due- Unit 5
- 18th Martin Luther King Day- No School
- 24th-29th National School Choice Week
- 27th End of Quarter 2 / 1st Semester
- 29th LP5 PE Log Due 1/13-2/17
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited to 1-3 classes per week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.