Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Always a Ms. never a Mrs.
* Born March 15, 1933
* Parents were Nathan Bader & Celia Amster
* Jewish family
* Raised in Brooklyn, NY
* Graduated James Madison High School in 1950
* Entered Cornell to be a teacher
* June 1954 married Marty Ginsburg
* Harvard Law 1956
* Columbia Law School: Graduated 1959
* Two kids: James & Jane
"Get it right and keep it tight."
"If my opinion runs more than twenty pages, I am disturbed that I couldn't do it shorter."
"It helps to be a little deaf."
Second, but Queen
While the second female Supreme Court Justice RBG is considered the Queen by followers.
RBG is a Wild Woman:
* Mother of 2 & wife while in law school
* Proved every administrator and professor wrong about her abilities to be a student, mother, and wife by always being ranked 1st in class
* First female tenured law professor at Columbia Law
* Cofounded the Women's Rights Project at ACLU
* Sued both her 1st & 2nd employers
* Frontiero v Richardson 1973 was her first time in front of the Supreme Court after which she was rated a C+ lawyer and described as "precisely a woman"
* Beat cancer 2, went through a stent surgery, and the passing of Marty without missing days on the bench
* 23 years on bench with no plans of retiring, often puts in more hours than anyone else
* Didn't give up waterskiing until her 70s