Summerour Blue Devil Blast
Volume 2, Issue 15 - October 28, 2022
Dr. Looney's Message
- November 1 - High School Choice Virtual Meeting (English)
- November 1 - High School Choice Virtual Meeting (Spanish)
- November 2 - Basketball Scrimmage vs. Radloff
- November 2 - Norcross Orchestra Cluster Concert
- November 4 - Progress Reports Go Home
- November 5 - All-State Chorus Auditions
- November 5 - JLC @ Shiloh MS
- November 5 - Orchestra GMEA (Solo & Ensemble)
- November 7 - High School Choice: In Person, Paul Duke STEM HS (English/Spanish)
- November 8 - Digital Learning Day #2
- November 8 - Election Day - Don't forget to vote!
- November 10 - #SocialSavvy for Parents
- November 11 - #SocialSavvy for Parents
- November 12 - Basketball Away Osborne MS (Mill Creek HS)
- November 12 - Orchestra District 13 Honors Orchestra
- November 14 - High School Choice: In Person, Norcross HS (English/Spanish)
- November 15 - Math Night
- November 16 - Makeup Picture Day
- November 17 - Basketball Away Duluth MS (Duluth HS)
- November 18 - Career Day
- November 18 - Theatre Arts Trip to North Gwinnett HS
- November 21 - 25 - Thanksgiving Break
- Week of November 28 - 8th Grade Students Submit High School Choice via eClass
Tonight at Paul Duke STEM HS!
The Norcross cluster of schools has two outstanding options for rising ninth graders to choose from as they enter high school. Students and their families will have the opportunity to learn about Norcross High School and Paul Duke High School in October and November. Students will submit their choice for high school along with their elective course selections the first week of December.
November IB Learner Profile: Thinkers
Thinkers exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions.
IB students contribute to discussions in a meaningful way. They do not shy away from challenging questions and, once they know the answer, follow up by asking “why?”
Mr. Yelinek's Students Are Amazing Designers
Have you met Ms. Belinda Terry, our newest Assistant Principal? She's the second from the left in the picture above and is the administrator of our Connections Department. She's been with us nearly two months now, but we wanted to make sure you know her if you see her around.
Our 2022 2023 Cheerleaders are Ready!
GCPS Calendar Options 2023-2024
Closes October 31 (Monday)
We value your feedback on the calendar options provided for the 2023-24 school year. Thank you in advance for taking the time to review these options and share your thoughts with us.
The 23rd Latino Youth Leadership Conference
Saturday, December 3
Free for all students, teachers, and parents and it includes breakfast, lunch, and a t-shirt. For more information, or to sign up, check out their website.
😷 Should You Keep Your Child Home Today? 🤧
Our Parent Center is located on our first floor, so it's easy to get to. Come check in at the front office, then use the Parent Center to volunteer, check-out resources, and get engaged!
Have You Tried the Apps?
Parents can use this if they have a Parent Portal account. It's an app that makes it much easier to quickly access the portal and navigate student grades, absences, etc...
We strongly encourage you to use this if you have a portal account. If you don't have a portal account, come to the school and set one up.
If you are using either of these apps, but it quit working in September of 2022, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. There was a major update last month that requires this.