Pre AP Chemistry
Procedures, Rules, Materials, and Syllabus
Prerequisites: Biology or Pre AP Biology and Algebra I or Algebra IA/IB
3 ring binder with loose leaf paper
Composition notebook with graph paper
One roll of paper towels
3x5 index cards (100)
- Respect the people and furnishings of S233
- Sit in your assigned seat
- Follow directions the first time given
- No personal grooming in class
Weeks 2&3 Unit 1 Nature of Chemistry Chapters 1 and 2
Weeks 4&5 Unit 2 Structure of Matter Chapters 3,4,5, and 21
Weeks 6&7 Unit 3 Chemical Bonding Chapter 6
Week 8 Unit 4 Chemical Nomenclature Chapter 6
Weeks 9&10 Unit 5 Chemical Equations Chapter 8
Weeks 11&12 Unit 6 Composition Stoichiometry Chapters 3 and 7
Weeks 13&14 Unit 7 Reaction Stoichiometry Chapter 9
Weeks 15&16 Unit 8 States of Matter Chapters 10 and 11
Week 17 Units 9 and 10 Solutions and Acids Chapters 14 and 15
Week 18 Review and Final Exam
- 40% DAILY GRADE
- 60% TEST GRADE
A student who completes a PreAP course will have 5 points added to their final average at the end of the semester.
1st offense: Verbal Warning
2nd offense: Assignment
3rd offense: Detention
4th offense: Office Referral
Based on the severity of the offense, this guideline may be altered as needed.
Expectations for device use:
1. Students will use only the device for educational purposes as instructed by the teacher.
2. Students' devices must be connected to the school's network.
3. Students not following expectations for use of personal devices will face school disciplinary measures.
Students are not required to bring outside technology to school. Assignments will be structured so that no student will be left out of the instructional process.