How do they affect your child?
Facts about bullying
- 10-20% of children are bullies
- 15-30% of children are repeatedly victimized
- Male bullies mainly use verbal and physical attacks
- Female bullies mainly use verbal and relational hostility
- 20-30% of onlookers either encourage or join in on the bullying
Effects of bullying
- Depression and anxiety
- Feelings of sadness and loneliness
- Negative changes in sleep and eating patterns
- Loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy
- Health complaints
- Decreased academic achievement
Cyber Bullying Virus
- Work with your child; to make sure that they aren't a bully, then to make sure that they aren't a victim.
- Work with the school and the community
- Educate people about bullying
- Build a safe environment at home for your child, If you are a teacher you can make a safe environment in the classroom.
Anti-Bullying Elementary School Video (Dunsford)