Allison Library Newsletter
Thank you Ms. Mary and Ms. Anna for helping Ms. Jenkins shelve books in May!
Students Enjoying Donations From TRS Volunteers
End Of Year Events
- Ms. Jenkins distributed summer reading logs and flyers for Austin Public Library, AISD Online Resources, and the Summer Reading Program.
- Ms. Jenkins administered STAAR tests on May 9th, 10th, and 11th.
- The library hosted Keller Williams volunteers on May 12th. They visited PK-2nd grade.
- Ms. Jenkins attended the Allison retirement party on May 16th.
- Ms. Jenkins attended the AISD Librarian celebration on May 18th.
- Ms. Jenkins participated in the Allison Field Day on May 20th.
- Ms. Jenkins distributed approximately 434 free books to K-5th grade students with cleared library records. Other students worked off their lost book debts.
- Ms. Jenkins volunteered at the Allison Carnival on May 26th.
- Ms. Jenkins managed students who worked for their lost books (approximately 16 hours).
- Ms. Jenkins completed the library's EOY report. Page 2 of the summary is below.
Ongoing Librarian Activities
- Plans for seven grade levels and teaches 28 classes per week.
- Maintains library calendar.
- Shelves library materials.
- Attends district librarian and BAC meetings.
- Attends campus CAC and staff meetings.
- Assists teachers and staff with obtaining books for lessons, etc.
- Maintains library collection and catalog.
- Promotes use of the public library.
The library will be open June 6-9 and 13-16 from 10:00-12:00 for library fun and book swap.