Oh, Good Grief!
All the "Good" without the "Grief"!
October 9, 2020
We had a GREAT week with the 3rd-5th graders in the building! The staff and students did an amazing job learning all the new routines to keep everyone safe & healthy.
Thank you very much for all your patience as we adjust to more vehicles in the student drop off and pick up lane. Starting on Monday, we will begin to have two lanes in the parking lot, as you pull in. The two lanes will merge within the parking lot, with staff supervision.
Please see the attached document for details.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Stay Safe & Healthy!
Daily COVID Screener
If you have any questions, please let me know.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Physically distance both inside and outside
A few reminders:
- All students should bring a water bottle (with their first & last name on it) everyday.
- All students should bring a healthy snack everyday.
NOTES FROM THE NURSE:
If a student exhibits a COVID related symptom, they will be sent home. In order for the student to return to in-person learning one of the following are required:
- A note from their physician with confirmation of an alternate diagnosis
- Proof of a negative COVID Test
- Quarantine for 10 days from onset of first symptom AND fever free for 24 hours without use of fever-reducing medication.
If your child is required to stay home for ANY COVID related illness, they may participate in remote learning.
MEDICATION TAKEN AT SCHOOL:
If your child needs any medication(s) during the school day, including prescription OR over the counter medications, (such as Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl), a medication authorization form must be completed EVERY SCHOOL YEAR for each medication and signed by both a physician and the parent/guardian. Prescription medications must be delivered to the front office by an adult, with the original prescription label still attached. The medication authorization form is attached for your convenience.
While we have received many physicals so far, we are still missing many students' documents.
The Illinois Department of Health has not changed any of the health requirements for this school year.
These requirements apply regardless of remote vs in-person learning.
- Kindergarteners need physical, vision and dental exam
- 2nd grade requires an updated dental exam
- 6th grade requires dental exam, physical and proof of Tdap and Meningococcal vaccinations.
- Students new to Illinois schools need to provide physical, vision and dental exam
Letters of missing physical and/or missing vaccinations have been mailed directly to your home if applicable.
Please contact your physician and make the necessary appointments.
Proof of physical and/or vaccinations OR proof of upcoming appointment must be received by the school prior to October 15th.
Your physician's office can fax forms or appointment confirmations directly to the school. The Harrison Fax Number is 815-653-1712
Failure to comply will result in exclusion from school as of October 15th, 2020.
Thanks to everyone who ordered pizzas from our Little Cesear's Fundraiser. We sold over 200 items!!
Top 3 Sellers...
- Ella Papen with 31 items
- Kinsley Bentz with 26 items
- Jordyn Rivera with 25 items
Congratulations and THANK YOU for supporting PTO!!