Your Weekly Pikesville Farmers Market Newsletter
Week of June 7
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
June 30: the Pikesville Farmers Market will honor our FRONTLINE HEROES with specials from our vendors--this includes healthcare workers, first responders, and veterans. Check our website and Facebook for updates.
TBA: The PFM will be giving away one free reusable market bag per household this summer! You want to get your hands on one!
Please know that our first priority is your safety and slowing the transmission of COVID-19 while making sure our community has access to fresh local produce. Our market will adhere to the highest standards for COVID19 protection. Please read our Guidelines for Shopping at the Farmers Market below.
We look forward to seeing you every Tuesday!
Beth Rheingold, POM Chamber President
Harvey Siegel, PFM Market Manager
Sponsored by the Pikesville-Owings Mills Regional Chamber of Commerce, Baltimore County Department of Planning, and our corporate partners.
Guidelines for Shopping at the Pikesville Farmers Market
During COVID19, open-air farmers markets are considered safer than grocery stores.
Thank you for understanding that there will be no food samples at the market this season. Our vendors will be taking every precaution to maintain the highest standards of sanitation and food safety during the pandemic. We have been in regular communication with our vendors since March. Vendors will use hand sanitizer regularly, wear gloves and masks, and individually arrange for pre-orders with customers as available. Some vendors will have different protocols based on their products for your safety. Thank you in advance for paying attention to signage and directions.
The CDC guidelines for staying healthy during the novel coronavirus pandemic apply to visiting the Pikesville Farmers Market. We will abide by these guidelines to eliminate potential COVID-19 transmission. There will be only one entrance to the market and two exits. Please follow signage and one-way lanes for your safety.
These steps apply to vendors, managers, and shoppers:
- Follow simple CDC rules for washing hands and not touching your face.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from one another at all times.
- Sanitize hands coming into the market and frequently while shopping. We will have sanitation stations placed at the entrance.
- Be patient with one another and vendors with lines due to distancing.
- If at all possible, leave your children at home and if you cannot, ask a friend if they can shop for you.
- Enter from the Northside of the market ONLY, marked ENTRANCE.
- Follow the arrows for one-way lanes within the market.
- Exit only from the two areas marked EXIT.
- Do not go between vendor booths for the safety of our vendors.
- Avoid gathering and congregating.
- Know what you want to get before you arrive. For your own health, do not linger at the market. Leave as soon as you have what you need.
- Do not touch products & produce unless you intend to purchase them.
- Customers are not allowed to occupy the 5-foot spaces maintained between booths.
- Are you a senior citizen or considered at a higher risk for contracting coronavirus? Arrive early before the crowds form or consider skipping the market altogether. Consider asking a friend to shop for you. -Adapted from the Maryland Farmers Market Association
Advertise in The Beet!
2020 Market Vendors
New Vendors are marked with an asterik *
produce, fruit, beef, lamb, pork, chicken, eggs, mushrooms
fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs, apple sauce, cider, honey
Meats & Sides
purveyors of fine kosher meats, poultry, fish and eggs at unbeatable prices
Pat's King of Pickles
10 delicious varieties of pickles, from dill to sweet & spicy
Hot Food & Cold Treats
crabcakes and cream of crab soup
KOSHER falafel, french fries & sides
freshly made food, varies week to week
can include: fish, wraps, soup, potato salad, drinks, etc.
flavored shaved ice
Wine & Spirits
Maryland-made wine from Maryland grown grapes
locally-sourced bourbon, whiskey, rum, vodka, gin & seasonal spirits
mondel bread, banana bread, pumpkin bread, cc walnut cake,
double chocolate cake, orange cake, blueberry cake, apple cake
Whimxical Wonders Candies Cupcakes and Confections*
vegan desserts, candies, cupcakes and confections
locally baked French Macarons, customizable colors and flavors to meet your cravings!
Medical Cannabis & CBD Oil
Health & Beauty
return to a healthy, pain-free lifestyle
natural, handmade soaps, soy candles, sugar scrubs & whipped skin butters
natural organic skincare; vegan & kosher
jewelry, gifts, crystals, and more
specializing in handmade belts, dog collars, leashes, cat collars, key chains, & hair accessories all made from our exclusive designs in Baltimore
custom drinkware and gifts
hand-screened t-shirts, sweatshirts & baseball caps
Women's apparel and facemasks made from soft, light, moisture-wicking, easy wear, and easy-care fabric.
all-natural vegetarian dog treats, with no additives or preservatives; easy on a dog’s digestive system
Baltimore Jewish Living magazine
some of the largest apartments in Pikesville
New York Life
financial services, college planning, retirement plans, life insurance, long term care products
These vendors hope to join us later in the season:
local wine & hard cider
information on medical cannabis
Therapeutic Foster Care @ Kennedy Krieger Institute
promotional handouts about the program, recruiting foster care parents for children/teens with special needs
University of Maryland - Market to Mealtime
encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables