ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
October 8, 2018
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Ryan Wood: for bringing great ideas and enthusiasm to the CTE team!
- Courtney Hawkins: She is just awesome!
- Heather and Duane Jourdeans: Developed a new potluck rotation.
- Jeff Fern, Tracy Klein, and Jenna Sheithauer: Trauma-sensitive training was a great reminder that we need to remember that every student has a story we need to consider.
- Amanda Arnold: An AMAZING performance of the National Anthem at the Homecoming football game! Tremendous musical growth over a short period of time!
- John Hueg: Taking our next steps with Strengths - thank you!!
- Math Department: Being awesome every day and helping out their "damsel in distress" with everything. You're all so amazing!
- Jason Koele: Developing ALICE scenarios for us to review.
- Cami Stansbury and Mitch Klimek: Provided "healing" to a sick teacher (actual sickness, not Koele's version of "sick")
- Emily Timmers: Taking on an at-risk student as a mentee to help them feel connected and safe at school.
- Steph Posta: For organizing and running our PD morning activity - fun and family.
- Garret Wenzel: Guiding the students who are completing the pizza oven.
- Carolyn Lent: Sending an informational email to all parents regarding SBA&R.
- Amanda Arnold: Applied for and received a grant from the Everwood Farmstead Foundation in the amount of just over $1,500 to purchase equipment for her special education music class. Congrats!
You all ROCK!
Teachers and advisors should be adding events to the HS Building Calendar. Field trips, conferences, special events, club trips, and activities...etc. This will enable Vicki to get the necessary information in the "Events" section of the website. Not everything placed in the calendar will go onto the website.
Thanks for your help.
Something to consider...
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week
PE - Art - Music Departments
Monday, October 8
All Day: Be Amazing
WIN PLC TIME: Social Studies, Health/PE
Tuesday, October 9
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: Math
Wednesday, October 10 - No "Morning Meeting"
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PLC Time
WIN PLC TIME: ELA
Thursday, October 11
Another Great Day to be a Panther
WIN PLC TIME: Music, Science, SPED
Friday, October 12
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PBIS Meeting
8:00 am - 10:00 am - HSLT Meeting
From the Main Office
LIFETOUCH PICTURE RETAKE DAY: October 16
JOSTEN’S VISIT: Tuesday, October 30th - Graduation Caps, Gowns, and Class Ring Informational Meeting
Seniors: 1:05-1:20 (start of 7th hour WIN)
Sophomores: 1:20-1:35 (end of 7th hour WIN)
JOSTEN’S ORDER DATE: Friday, November 2nd
Josten’s will take orders during lunch 11:30-1:00 in the Commons
From the Health Services Office
Oct.16th, 10:45-11:45 There will be a FLU Shot clinic will be held in the high school conference room.
(flu shots are available for staff, spouses, and children of staff)