Information on Leukemia and Lymphoma
Did You Know???..
- Leukemia is a type of cancer the effects bone marrow and blood cells in a persons body.
- Leukemia affects all people but more cases of leukemia happen to people over the age of 60.
- Leukemia makes the balance of blood cells in the body. Most people get leukemia because after the balance of blood cells are off more infections occur in a person. More infections occur with a person who has leukemia than a person who doesn't.
- Leukemia occurs more in adults than children. But even though it occurs mostly in adults, children can get leukemia.
- Lymphoma affects the white blood cell count in a persons body.
White blood cells are the cells needed to fight off infections and disease.
Some symptoms of Leukemia and Lymphoma are.....
- Unexplained weight loss
- Sweating (often at night)
- Lack of energy