This Week at Brookside...
Friday, October 2, 2015
Back to School Night!
Week of Respect: October 5 - October 9, 2015
The “New Jersey Week of Respect” will be celebrated during the first week of October. The Anti-Bullying Bills of Rights sets aside the first week of October every year to promote positive character education and allow for activities designed to prevent harassment, intimidation, and bullying. Students will be encouraged to come together and promote school spirit and positive peer interactions.
- Monday, October 5th, the students will “fight” name calling by wearing their favorite superhero shirt.
- Tuesday, October 6th, the students will show that everyone counts by wearing a jersey or shirt that has a number on it.
- Wednesday, October 7th, students are encouraged to be a buddy and “sock it to bullying” by wearing crazy socks.
- Thursday, October 8th, students will put name calling to bed by wearing pajamas to school. (No slippers please)
- Friday, October 9th, students are encouraged to show school spirit and unite by wearing school colors and/or spirit wear.
Students will also be hearing inspiring quotes about friendship and respect during morning announcements provided by the Fifth Grade students.
National Walk to School Day!
Wednesday, Oct. 7th, 8:15am
Jake Voorhis Park - Stratton Ave & Oakland Ave, Westwood, NJ 07675
We will assemble on the basketball court at Jake Voorhis parl, located at the end of Stratton Avenue. With an escort provided by the Westwood Police Department, we will walk down 8th Avenue to Mill Street. We will cross Mill Street and continue walking down Clairmont Avenue to the path entrance at the end of Clairmont Avenue. We will walk down the path and onto the blacktop where students will then be directed to their usual line up spots.
Students are encouraged to make signs and bannars for the event. This event is completely optional! If students can make it great, if they cannot, that is fine as well. Since this is our first time participating, we are hoping to get as many people together as possible. Thank you for your support!
K - 12 Science Curriculum Survey
The Westwood Science Curriculum Committee is in the process of revising our K-12 Science curriculum. We value your input, and we would appreciate it if you complete the following survey based on your overall experience with the district’s Science curriculum. Please complete this survey by October 23, 2015.
Here is the link to the survey – http://tinyurl.com/ScienceCurriculumSurvey.
10/12: School Picture Day
10/12-15: PTO Book Fair
10/14: Books Before Bedtime