September 26, 2022
"Every Child, Every Day"
Welcome from Mr. Witherspoon
It's hard to believe that we are already in our 4th week of school! I can tell you that our Eagles are working incredibly hard at improving each day! The conversations that you have with your children each day help reinforce all the learning that is happening during the day. The value in which you place on their learning each day will only help maximize the potential of their learning!
This year our staff will be placing a larger emphasis on learning together and planning together in efforts to give each child exactly what they need, both academically and social-emotionally. The Cleveland Learning Community will be taking time on October 3 to look at the assessments that the students have completed to this point in the school year. The data from these assessments will be analyzed and the staff will collaborate on which strategies would best fit the individual needs of the students. Please remember that students will not have school on October 3, 2022.
Lastly, Parent-Teacher Conferences will be coming up on October 12th and 13th. Please be on the lookout for a schedule from your child's teacher to sign up for an appointment. This is an important meeting as it gives our team (you included) a chance to develop a plan in supporting your child as we get into the school year. Let's make this year the best one yet!
Please don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions. Have a great week, stay safe, and as always...."Keep SOARing Eagles"!
- Dismissal Time: At dismissal time, students should find their adult or start walking home immediately. Many families are allowing kids to play on the grass and climb the trees in front of the school.
- School Attendance: Did you know that absenteeism in the first month of school can predict poor attendance throughout the school year. Half the students who miss 2-4 days in September go on to miss nearly a month of school? We have noticed several students that are either not here, arrive late, or are checked out early already...please make every effort to get your children to school on time and consistently for the entire school day.
- RECESS: Please remember that all playground areas are reserved for Cleveland students until 3:55 pm. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
- Birthday Treats: Edible Birthday Treats are not permitted at school due to the different allergies that exist within the building. We will most definitely celebrate your child's special day, but we still need to be safe.
- Looking for a way to spend some time in the afternoon and to be a part of the great team? We are looking for noon monitors for Cleveland...please call our main office to get more information.
- Livonia Public Schools is also looking to hire great people for this school year! Please click on the following link if you would like some more information: Frontline Education: Livonia Public Schools
Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!!!
Did you know that Cleveland Elementary receives Title 1 funding? We receive funding to support our students' academic growth. To learn more about Title 1, click on this link or copy and paste it into your browser: https://youtu.be/1h4AJR2iXTg
Please review and sign our Title One Parent Compact.
Please look for an information regarding an upcoming Title 1 informational meeting.
Things to do:
Please click the link below if your child will be taking advantage of the Livonia Public Schools Transportation bussing this school year (if you are unsure if you qualify for bussing, please email email@example.com). TRANSPORTATION REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS NOTE: Parent MUST request transportation, via Parent Connect, for the upcoming school year.
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- The Universal Free Meals Program has been discontinued by the Federal Government for this school year. If you feel that your family may qualify for "free or reduced price meals" please complete the application that is linked HERE through the Livonia Public Schools website.
Blessings in a Backpack
- Blessings in a Backpack-Livonia is an all-volunteer program designed to provide students who are in need, with enough food for three meals a day during the weekends. If you participate in this program, your child will receive a bag at the end of every week of school (Thursday or Friday), filled with non-perishable food for the weekend. There is no cost to you for participating in this program. No further information is required. Your information will not be shared. If you would like to have your child participate in this program, fill out and submit the form below as soon as possible. We are requesting your name and email address, so that a confirmation of registration will be emailed to you
- Registration: Blessing in a Backpack (*You will need to complete a separate form for each child that you wish to enroll.)
- If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tibits for Success
- Begin to prep your child for school by making sure that routines are established.
- Bedtime routines (read a book, cut off screen time at least 1 hour prior to bedtime, etc.)
- Students can begin entering the building at 8:45 am (please do not drop off students any earlier as there will not be any adult supervision prior to that time).
- How will your child get to and from school?
- Bus: get to know the bus letter/number, bus stop, arrival/departure time.
- Dropping off in a car?
- Know the traffic pattern and the door that your child will enter through for school.
- Is your child walking?
- Know the location and door number that your child will be entering and leaving through.