2nd Grade @ ROE
Thank you to all of our parents who took the time out of your busy schedule to connect with your teachers. Your involvement in your student's education contributes to their progress in school! We are happy to be a partner in your child's success. Thank you for all that you do! As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Hernandez: Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Webb: Katherine.email@example.com
Mrs. Vick: firstname.lastname@example.org
* For Mrs. Hernandez's class please contact Mrs. Procter-Smith (email@example.com) while Mrs. Hernandez is out on maternity leave.
October 21 - Title I Night "Trunk or Treat" 6:00-7:30 pm
October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week (details to follow)
October 27 - Treats Due for the Fall Treat Bags are due
October 28 - Pumpkins Due at school for Pumpkin Project
November 5 - End of the second six weeks
November 8 - Staff Development (no school for students)
Fall Treat Bags:
- Treat bags will be going home on Friday, October 29th.
- Please send an individual pre-packaged item (candy, stickers, pencils, individual snack bags) by Wednesday, October 27th to help stuff the bags.
- This project will be done both at home and at school.
- Students will choose a literary fiction book from the library by October 22nd.
- In class, students will complete a story map over their selected book.
- At home, students will decorate a pumpkin to look like the main character of their book.
- Students will bring their decorated pumpkins to school on Thursday, October 28th.
- If you purchased books through the online book fair, your books will be delivered to Mrs. Hartman and she will get them passed out.
- Your student will have Phonics homework every night except for Fridays.
- Their homework consists of practicing reading, spelling sight words, and a practice page over the skill we worked on that day in class.
- They will complete their homework every night and bring the page back to school with them the next morning.
- Thank you for your support in helping your student become better readers and writers!
Please make sure your student is in compliance with the dress code:
- Shirt colors - Maroon, white, grey, navy, black
- Pants - Jeans or uniform bottoms in black, navy, or khaki
- Jackets - Solid black, maroon, white, grey, or navy
- If you have any questions please refer to the student handbook on dress code.
We will be communicating with parents through the ROISD mobile app portal as well as through email. If you have not downloaded the ROISD mobile app please do so as we will be communicating primarily through there.
Also, please make sure you are checking your child's Take-Home Folder daily.
ELAR: I can make and correct or confirm predictions using text features, characteristic of genre, and structures.
Math: I can solve three digit addition and subtraction word problems.
Science: I can observe and identify how magnets are used in every day life.
Social Studies: I can identify symbols such as state and national birds and Uncle Sam.