Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
Thank you, Lord.
Reminder of the Week
Want vs. Need.
Humor of the Week
I couldn't resist this one! LOVE it! At least we know we will ALWAYS be friends. :)
Prayer Requests January 20, 2013
- Kim - pray Joe and Jess will know right house choice
- Ed - Cindy is getting sick
- Melissa - unspoken; continued healing for mother
- Randy - unspoken
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Abraham and God's Promises
God took Abram out of his comfort zone. He had a plan. God initiated the plan with Abram. God used Abram to restore His people on earth. Sin. Judgement. Restoration. The cycle in the OT. God has provisions for His people. God had a plan to reset and restore the people to a relationship to Himself.
Abram is asking God how He is going to "make a great nation" when he has no children. There were times Abram was a jerk. But, he believed in God,a nd God used him. Is life on hold? Do we ever doubt God? How is THAT going to work out? I can't see it.
Abram had a resurrection faith. Their hopes of having a child had died. But God's plan was different. He resurrected that faith in their life. He made a promise to Abram and kept His promise. Believe God. He is faithful and righteous to keep His promise.
I'll never leave or forsake you. If you seek me, I'll be found by you.
Phil. 3:14-15 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
- Volunteers to keep children during Children's Workers Appreciation Dinner Friday February 6:30 -8:30 (I've seen Feb. 1 and Feb. 8.) If interested in serving contact Pastor George.
- Jan. 13-27 Food Drive Thank You notes
- Feb. 3 First Connect
- Feb. 3. Neighborhood Super Bowl Parties
- Feb 10 SS directors meeting
- Volunteers needed to help with Everything Trucks during Come See Me. Contact Tammyw@fbcrockhill.org