The First 20 Days of Math
Relationships & Routines in the Mathematics Class
August 3, 2022 9AM to 12PM Online Central Time Zone
Start the Year Off Strong!
Who Should Attend?
Benefits of Attending
2. Gain ideas for building strong, lasting relationships with your students from day one with activities that instill a growth-mindset.
3. Examine schedules and setups for whole group, small group, and math stations.
4. Walk away with resources for establishing goal setting and progress monitoring for students in the first 20 days!
5. Learn how to effectively plan and teach critical thinking skills that help students build their conceptual and procedural knowledge.
6. Discuss ideas for developing fluency in math facts.
7. Focus on numeracy routines and creating student autonomy in the classroom.
8. Discuss best practices for assessment and data review for the beginning of the year.
9. Get your questions answered about how to setup your classroom and lesson planning!
10. Empower your students in the first 20 days to set & monitor their own learning goals.
And Much More!!!
August 3, 2022
9AM to 12 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME
$99 per participant
3 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Earned
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register online or through email. Email to email@example.com
Meet The Presenter!
Kelly Harmon is a national presenter & author who has more than 31 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of topics including strategies for at-risk learners, guided reading and math Instruction, RTI, technology integration, reading, writing, and instructional strategies highly effective teachers use to increase student achievement. Mrs. Harmon works as an instructional coach for schools and districts across the United States. In addition to consulting, she also works with the Bureau of Education and Research.
"Great ideas and resources that I can use right away in my classroom."
Jeremiah, 5th grade Teacher.
"What a phenomenal, action-packed presentation! I have so much to take home with me." Michelle, Reading Specialist
"I have so many wonderful ideas to take back to my co-workers and students. I am excited and refreshed!"
Kristy, Title Teacher
Bring This Training to Your Campus or District!
Kelly Harmon's Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them