We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! It was a fun day of learning and fun- students really enjoyed the special notes, treats and tokens from their classmates-thank you!
We look forward to seeing everyone this week for our February Parent Teacher Conferences. We have just wrapped-up all of our mid-year assessments and goal setting and are excited to share the strong growth our students have made.
We believe in the importance of teaching the whole child. This includes an emphasis on teaching Skills and Dispositions for Learning daily across our school, supported by our Second Step Curriculum. We strive for our students to know themselves as learners, to goal set and to take PRIDE in all they do. To support our students ownership for their learning take some time to prior to conferences to ask your child- How are they feeling about school? What are they most proud of? What are their goals? What are their steps in working towards their goals? What support may they need this semester? During this conference you will have the opportunity to look at your child's work, examples of grade level work and grade level text, spend time talking about specific next steps and individualized plans, as well as ways you can partner at home this semester.
As you visit, be sure to spend time with all of your children's teachers including: Art- Mr. Pipinich, Music- Miss Vigil, Physical Education- Mr. Sousa, Special Education Staff: Mrs. Coen, Mrs. Lopez, Mrs. Marsden, Mrs. Mortensen and our Specialists: Social Emotional Learning Specialist, Mrs. Foubert and ELD, Ms. Jeppesen. We look forward to seeing you all this week!
Prairie Hills Elementary School
- 2/14-16, Book Fair
- 2/15, Children's Museum In-House Kindergarten Field Trip
- 2/15, PTO Meeting, 3:15-library
- 2/16, Parent Teacher Conferences
- 2/17-2/18 Staff Inservice, No School
- 2/18, Last Day to Apply for Former PHE Student High School Senior Scholarship, link here
- 2/21, President's Day, No School
- 2/22, Celebrating 2's- Wear a Tie, Tie Dye, a Tutu, Tennis Shoes or be a Twin!
- 2/25, K,1,2,4 Junior Achievement Day
- 3/7, Lark PRIDE Celebrations
- 3/10, Student Leadership Skate City Night
- 3/15, 4th Grade Colorado History Night
Update Due to Weather